Final chapter 28: "Unsung Heroes of the Republic of Hass.

After three long days, peace had finally returned to the Country of Hass. The small village situated in the east was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy the tranquility that had been absent for far too long. This newfound peace also allowed the villagers to lay their loved ones to rest, providing them with the closure they so desperately needed.

It was a village that welcomed both humans and demi-humans, creating a diverse and unique community. Despite their differences, they had come together in the face of adversity and fought and prayed for their shared goal of peace. Now, they could finally enjoy the fruits of their labor and bask in the serenity that had been restored to their beloved home.

As the sun set over the village, the sounds of laughter and celebration filled the air. It was a moment of pure joy and happiness, a moment that would be remembered for years to come. The villagers knew that there would be challenges ahead, but for now, they were content to revel in the peace that had been hard-earned.

Pitou felt a sense of contentment as she witnessed the smiles on everyone's faces. She was glad to have been able to assist in any way possible. However, the most heartwarming moment was when she saw two siblings reunite.

Matthew's tears flowed uncontrollably as he wept in Ashley's arms. "Ashley! 😭 *Sob* I was so scared....I...I...I thought you would never come back," he cried.

Ashley held him tightly and comforted him, "There, there, everything is alright now. No more tears are needed."

Pitou was overjoyed to witness the reunion of the siblings and the love they shared. It was a reminder of the importance of family.

" Miss Pitou. I truly don't know how I can repay you... unfortunately, we don't have a lot of money and it's just me and my brother." Said Ashley.

"Please don't worry yourself about that. I did it because someone was asking for help.☺️ And besides, me and Matthew made a pinky promise. Isn't that right ?"

"Yeah!😊"

"I'm just relieved that those monsters are finally gone. So it was really just you and friends that fought them alone? How come nobody came to help you guys?"

Ashley asked a pertinent question, but regrettably, there was insufficient time to seek assistance from neighboring nations. The majority perceived the situation as a predicament they were unwilling to become embroiled in.

Neferpitou and her friends were the only ones available at the time. She started to explain what exactly happened happened during her time here.

Neferpitou and her companions were the sole individuals accessible at the time. She began to elaborate on the events that had occurred during their stay here, ensuring to cover all the crucial details. Ashley was taken aback by the sheer isolation they had experienced during their mission, not to mention the numerous close encounters they had faced while battling the Cockroaches.

"Ms. Pitou, I had no knowledge of the immense challenges you and your friends had to endure. I am deeply sorry that you were burdened with such immense pressure." Said Ashley. She couldn't help but feel responsible for adding more responsibilities to her and friends.

Pitou shook her head and said it wasn't a problem. "We were asked to come on and to ensure the safety of everyone here. That includes you two as well."

Both Matthew and Ashley were entirely grateful for everything Pitou has done. But now there was another question that needed to be answered.

Where do they go from here?

"Welp, it's about time I head out" said Pitou as she gathered her things.

"Are you really leaving Ms. Cat lady?... don't you want to stay for the dinner? My sister making steamed fish." Matthew offered her in hoping she would stay.