The Fight

London 2001;

Taylor couldn't believe what he was seeing on the tv, he was fucking livid his girl, the mother of his child snuggled up in a booth at a bar with none other than Josh Homme and Nick "the psycho" Oliveri the latter being a former fling of his girl Baylee, Homme had made it no secret that he wanted Baylee for himself but she had chosen Taylor...Hadn't she?

torn between despair and anger he phoned her knowing that she was 8 hours behind him but he couldn't bring himself to give a damn right now. Her voice sounded tired and worried when she answered.

"Hello? Tay are you alright?"

He cleared his throat slightly and spoke "No I'm not. Did you have fucking fun with your boyfriends?"

confused Baylee sat up rubbing her belly slightly as the baby kicked "What the hell are you talking about?" She heard something bang as Taylor threw something across the room.

"You, Homme, Oliveri looking all cozy. Was it a nice little threesome? you get together all the time when I'm away on the road? Taylor who? right?"

Baylee shook her head "No, Tay you've got it wrong. I was waiting for Lara and Kate to show up and those two bozos turned up" She tried so hard to blink the tears away, he was high she could tell partly because of the paranoia, sometimes even without drugs he was slightly jealous and paranoid that she would leave him at any moment. He was never violent with her, he was the sweetest guy on the planet.

"They turned up and you had to snuggle Homme?" another bang sounded as she sighed "T It was a picture. They left as soon as the cameras were gone babe I promise."

The blonde drummer stifled a sob "You don't love me anymore" Her own tears started in full force as the hopeless tone in his voice came through.

"T, you're the only one I love. remember I fell for you before you would even give me the time of day. You wouldn't date anyone under age 18. I loved you then babe. Please don't be sad, it's all a misunderstanding I promise."

He got quiet as he sobbed again "Come now. come be with me! I fucking need you now!" She took a breath knowing she was due in Europe in a week to meet up with him but the tone of his voice broke her heart she took another breath.

"I will try to change my ticket and get there as soon as I can. Just please T, don't do anything stupid."

He growled and threw a bottle across the room "Right of course! Stupid fucking Taylor!" He was sobbing uncontrollably now. "You say you love me. Do me a favor then"

She bit her lip and nodded "anything sweetie" She wasn't expecting the request he had for her, like himself and Dave, she was a drummer and she did a lot of work with Josh Homme, She felt it coming even as the words floated across the line "Quit working with Homme. If you love me you'll do that for me"

She sighed they'd had this argument before but this time he seemed so lost she waited a moment before letting out a sniffle and speaking. "I have two sessions left on this album. Once they're finished I will quit. I'll Quit for you."

Taylor in his inebriated state couldn't really see what he was doing, but he smiled albeit sadly "and you'll come soon?" She tried her best to make her voice sound happy for him "Yeah. I gotta go though babe. I need to get that flight changed and start packing" She hung up before Taylor could even say he loved her.

That was what had set him off she had hung up on him, she lied. She was leaving him he couldn't take it. He loved her so much he couldn't be without her and their kid. He internally cursed Dave for introducing them as he prepared his needle and thought momentarily that he felt funny as he collapsed to the floor starting to convulse.

A FEW HOURS LATER:

Baylee's phone rang again, this time it was David he sounded completely gutted about something, When she picked up he sobbed. "You and mom have to get here NOW!"

Baylee bit her lip "What's going on David?" She jumped as her brother screamed and not in the way he did in concert "HE'S FUCKING DYING BAY! TAYLOR IS DYING!"

Virginia took the phone from her shell shocked daughter "David?"

Dave sobbed and whimpered "Get on a plane mom please. Taylor needs all of us now. He he Overdosed he's in a coma. Please come I'll get Gus to deal with the plane tickets just please mommy come"

Virginia wrapped her arms around Baylee and told Dave they would be on their way as soon as they could be. When she hung up she placed her hands on her Daughter's cheeks "Baylee sweetheart Taylor needs us. We need to get our things together and get to him right?"

The raven haired girl looked to her mother, brown eyes shining with tears "David said he's dying" Virginia kissed her daughter's cheek "We hope for the best Baylee. The best is that Taylor will live and you two will have a beautiful baby boy."

Baylee nodded "you're right mom. I'm sorry...I need to get my things together"

Both went off to get their things, and within a half hour Dave had called back to let Virginia know that the plane tickets were booked for them and the time the plane was to take off. With bags packed a quick call to Baylee and Dave's older sister Lisa, Virginia and Baylee raced out to a waiting car that Gus had sent to Virginia's house, they were off to the airport.