A New School

Ray
We placed Anastasia in a better school one that a lot of the children in Bellevue goes to. Right away she has friends who live close and they have both parents, well most do. I had enrolled her in public school and the friends she had there could not not make it to play dates. Havi said that changing her to the better school wasn't us being a snob, it was us assuring she has friends. I saw her point. I did however made donations to the public school and decided to donate to them often.

Havi
Anastasia met a lot of children who live close by. I liked Mia Grey and she lives two houses away. The other girls were friends with Mia and she introduced them to Anastasia. Lily Johnson, Leila Williams, Gia Matteo and Gretchen Adams. I hope they have more friends soon. I will work on getting her more friends, she needs to have more friends, more than these girls. Mia is well grounded, but hope she doesn't get influenced by the others. Ray and I are becoming foster parents hoping to adopt. We are told that we are excellent candidates and that after the home studies we should hear very quickly.

Ray
We got approved for foster parents and adoption and a week later we got a call from Caseworker George Louis that they have a young boy who is in need of a home and might be needing a permanent home soon. We go see him at the hospital. We will need a handicapped ramp, I can get that done easily, the width of our doors and hallways are just right for now. The bathrooms can be adjusted to accommodate him. We thought this all through and he refused to go home with us. He didn't want us to take him away from his mother. We couldn't force the boy to come with us. They had another child, but they were concerned that they might be placing him too soon. As soon as we see him we want him to come home with us. He is Anastasia's age and is an orphan and he has been staying in a group home. They have heard from family members, but no one has came forward to claim him. Roger Albright has brown hair and bright blue eyes like Anastasia. He could be her brother. His birthday is four hours earlier than hers, they were born in Seattle.

Havi
We get everything ready for Roger to arrive, they had to prepare him for the change. We saw him, but we had no idea what his file contained. Ray went crazy at the toy store and he bought boys clothing and pajamas. He had Roger's room decorated for a boy as well. Anastasia helped him in the decorating of the room. She also got an update on her room.

Caseworker George Louis
I have tried to get a place for Daniel Stevens, but he refuses to go with anyone. He has hopes that his family will come get him one day. He has been placed in a foster group home for children in wheelchairs. I hated to do it, but he had to be put somewhere. Roger was easier to place and he didn't give me a hard time. We take Roger to what I hope is a forever home. I am allowed access to the driveway and I see that they have built a handicapped ramp and I see they are finishing other work to make their house handicap able. So we are re routed to the family room and it is beautiful and children friendly. Workers are busy working on creating areas to allow for wheelchairs and people in wheelchairs.

Ray
Sorry we had them start the work and decided to keep doing it just in case we needed to have it done later. We thought why wait. It should be done in a week along with the elevators. He nods his head and Anastasia hands Roger her gift to welcome him to the family. Roger takes it and unwraps it and it is a Lego building kit. He smiles and Anastasia shows him the Lego table and he follows her over to play with it.

Havi
Anastasia picked that out for him and a few other things as well I tell Mr Louis and he smiles and writes something down on his paper. We both are nervous and we hear something fall and we jump, a worker apologizes and tells us a ladder fell. Nothing broke and he went back to work. Mr Louis tells us as long as we assure Roger is safe then he only needs our signatures. We read everything and ask all kinds of questions. The children are getting hungry and we eat in the family room and invite mr Louis to eat with us. Soon he leaves us and Roger is shown to his room. We help him unpack and Anastasia shows him her room across from him. The doors were done first and did take long with all the guys we hired.

Ray
A week later everything is now handicap-able, the elevators are going to be completed by next week. Roger and Anastasia are restricted from going into those areas and security are guarding them. Roger is adjusting to being here and us in general. I think we are going to get him enrolled in school with Anastasia her friends will just love him. One of the few boys that they will have around.

Roger
I am not sure about this and I am hoping to get back with family. I was in a group homes until one of the older kids decided to hurt us younger kids. Even the kid in the wheelchair. Brian the Bully they called him. Brian Culpepper, what a name. One I will never forget.

Anastasia
Roger is a bit shy but soon opened his legos and played while the adults talked. We ate dinner together and the guy who brought Roger left us, then we showed Roger his room across from mine. Dad unpacked the suitcase and we showed him his bathroom with his new toothbrush, comb, hairbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, washcloths and towels. I showed him my room and books that he can use. He has books as well. Soon it is bedtime and we are read books and we are put to bed.