XXI

Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 [7:00pm]

Daniel Collins

Fall Thru  Meek Mill

"Aight aight I know who y'all came for!" Daniel heard the Dj say as he waited backstage at his concert for his cue to come out.

He heard the instrumental for his song, "Scene" play as he made his way to the stage.

The crowd went crazy as soon as he stepped out. Daniel loved the feeling and though he felt this feeling plenty of times, it felt better knowing that he was loved by many people in the city that he grew up in.

"I'ma slide to they P's with my 9 like Ibaka, like I'm the man of my roster Dissin' the dead, so we smoking his father, like I told Bando, "Move proper" Free all my muddies, this stuff'll get harder They know RPT niggas problems," Daniel sung but the crowd sung louder, their energy was his most unmatched crowd yet.

He watched the crowd as they rapped the lyrics.

"I'ma slide to they P's with my 9 like Ibaka, like I'm the man of my roster Dissin' the dead, so we smoking his father, like I told Bando, "Move proper" Free all my muddies, this stuff'll get harder They know RPT niggas problems Like, free all my muddies, this stuff'll get harder They know RPT niggas problems," He rapped again.

Somehow, his eyes managed to land on a familiar face. A few familiar faces actually.

Mariah was singing along to his song in the crowd. The sudden surprise made him stumble on his words a little bit but he got it together, however a small smile was plastered on his face. It was hard to hide it.

"Nah ya got my son Riah out here." Daniel spoke into the mic as he let the music play out, glancing over at Bando, Tdot, and Lee beside her.

She looked beautiful even in the casual outfit she had on. Mariah was wearing black biker shorts with an slightly oversized Tupac graphic tee and some black 4's. Her natural hair was ironed out, Daniel could see how much it grew since the last time he saw her with it out and he loved it.

He heard Bando, Lee, Mariah, and Tdot scream from the crowd to hype him up.

"Baby, nine go crazy, like, huh? And Bando my QB, he throwin' like Brady My ooter, he showin' her daily And bitch, he a demon, he slidin' for ladies I told gang, "Just send her the addy" If she think she gon' line us, she going out badly With the PD, we flyin' to Cali," The crowd sung.

"Y'all niggas gotta get up here nah what." Daniel motioned for security to help them up on the stage as they climbed up the small set of stairs.

The crowd screamed louder due to the fact that Lee, Tdot, and Bando were known in New York as well.

Mariah wasn't as known as them but she grew a bit of a larger social media platform so she wasn't necessarily unknown.

The rest of the concert, Daniel rapped all of the songs that he was supposed to rap and even played a couple of his songs that featured his three friends on stage.

This was probably Daniels favorite show that he had ever performed. It might've had something to do with the fact that Mariah had never been to one of them so it meant something for her to come and show support.

The whole thing was unexpected because he knew that Bando, Lee, and Tdot would come but he expected them to be backstage with him before the show even started.

A feeling of euphoria entered Daniels body as he began to close up his show.

"Ya know I fucking love ya man." Daniel said into the mic as he caught his breath, earning a bunch of screams from his huge fan base out in the crowd.

"I just wanna say," He looked over at his four friends on stage.

"I probably wouldn't have even been here without these people right here." He pointed at all four of them individually.

"Nah nah let me speak nigga." He heard Bando say as he snatched the mic.

Mariah, Lee, and Tdot laughed at how Bando snatched it.

"I love this nigga right here ya, gangsta." He looked at the crowd.

"I thank y'all for turning my mans up bro this shit was deadass the best show I ever went to in my life yo." Bando thanked them and then handed the mic back to Daniel.

"You wanna talk?" He was asking Mariah.

She simply shook her head no with a smile. It was no surprise to him that she was still shy.

"Ight i'm tired as shit tho," Daniel spoke to the crowd, "I love all ya, thank you all for coming real shit." He heard the crowd yell all kinds of positive things back to him as he made his way backstage.

The energy tonight was amazing and Daniel loved it.

As Daniel and his friends finally got a chance to sit down at one of the small couches backstage, they made small conversation before leaving.

At one point, they all eventually got up to leave but he stopped Mariah as she was walking out to her car.

"Riah." Daniel came up to her, making her look back.

"Yes?" She looked up at him.

"What made you come here tonight?"

"You."

"What you mean?" He wanted a genuine answer from her.

"I wanted to show you that I actually forgave you Daniel. Imma try as hard as I can to put all of that old shit to the side and work on building a friendship." Her words made him feel good.

"I appreciate you Mariah." He looked back at her, with a more serious face.

He felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. For two whole years he couldn't stomach the feeling he felt when he thought about what he did to Mariah and now for her to say she forgave him and actually sound sincere when saying it melted his heart.

"I missed you Daniel." The sentence caught him by surprise.

"I miss you more Mariah."

They both stared at each other for a couple more seconds until he lowered his head down to kiss Mariah.

It wasn't the kiss you thought it was though.

Daniel kissed Mariah on her forehead in a friendly manner before walking away and getting into his car.

He watched her as she did the same with a slight smile on her face. Daniel could tell she was trying to hide it.

He knew that Mariah would probably never give him a chance again and he was positive that she would never trust him again but he definitely wanted to at least try and be friends.

😭😭 as y'all can see i got them lyrics STRIAGHT from google bro i was way too lazy to write all that out without looking up the lyrics and shit
i didn't proofread btw