XXVIII

Thursday, September 17th, 2020 [6:37pm]

Mariah Lee Brown

Jeremih Impatient

Mariah pushed the grocery cart in front of her before hearing a familiar someone.

"Riah!" A husky voice called out from behind her.

As she turned around, she was met with someone that she hadn't talked to in a while. It was Christian.

"Chris!" She exclaimed as she halfway met with the male to embrace him into a hug.

Though they haven't talked in weeks, their friendship remained where they left off. It was always like that with the two so whenever they seen each other after going so long without talking, it wasn't awkward.

"You forgot about me?" He joked, making her scoff.

"The phone works both ways dummy you know that!" Mariah laughed.

"Yo don't give me that bs. We gotta get together some time tho kid." He smiled his charming smile.

"We do. I forgot to tell you, I got my own house and everything." She cheesed.

"What?!" He gasped dramatically on purpose, "Nah and you didn't think to tell me?"

"I been caught up with life Chris. I'm sorry." She was kind of feeling bad now.

"I'm joking with you Riah, you know you my heart." He dapped her up.

"Okay well you can stop by later if you want, or whenever you're not busy." She suggested.

"That's a bet," He disconnected their hands so that he could pull her into a hug, "Send me the address some time later."

"I got you." She smiled before walking with her cart to the cereal aisle.

Once she found everything she came for, Mariah rung up her items at the self checkout and went home.

After unloading the huge variety of groceries into her house, she put them away and texted Chris the address before she forgot.

To chris🙃: Attachment: 1 Location

From chris🙃: ight 30 minutes

Mariah wasn't nervous about Chris coming over due to the fact that he had linked with her on multiple occasions. Like once stated before, the two were never on a relationship that was higher than them being friends.

In a way, Chris was like her comfort person from time to time. At the strangest times, he knew when to cheer her up and she appreciated him for that.

To kill time, Mariah thought that getting in a bath would do just that so that's what she did.

About fifteen minutes into her relaxing in the bubble filled bathtub, she heard a knock on her front door. Chris.

"Coming!" Mariah yelled as she emerged from the tub and wrapped herself in a clean, white towel.