XXXIII

Friday, September 25th, 2020 [7:19pm]

Daniel Collins

Unthinkable Alicia Keys

This was one Daniel's first shows back at home in a while and he wanted it to be meaningful. With that being said, he also had planned something special for Mariah as he rapped one of her favorite unreleased songs of his and watched her and only her in the crowd.

"I drip her out Louis V, No Fashion Nova, can't be basic." Daniel looked to see her singing along.

"Ight'," Daniel spoke in the mic after finishing the song, "Yo can you cut this shit real quick?"  

Seconds went by before the music finally cut off. His heart pounded as he thought about what he was about to do.

"Riah," He looked at her in the crowd to see a surprised expression on her face, "Come here."

Daniel watched the security help her up the stairs by the stage.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled into the mic.

"Hi." Daniel watched Mariah's pretty teeth as she shyly smiled.

He knew how much she hated big crowds and he knew how much more she had hated being the center of attention but that didn't matter in the moment.

"I just wanna' let ya' know how much I fucking love this girl," He never broke eye contact, "Real shit."

"I love you more." Mariah mouthed.

The crowd was filled with many people awing at the couple. Hearing that gave Daniel a certain feeling in his stomach as he thought about what he was going to do next.

"I wanna' marry you." Daniel chuckled.

Mariah must've thought he was joking because she only laughed and covered her mouth.

He didn't blame her for not taking what he said serious because of how he said it; Daniel was quite nervous so it kind of sounded like a joke.

"Mariah," He walked up to her and took her face in his hand, "I want to marry you."

Daniel reached in his pocket to pull out a small black box. He opened it and watched Mariah's pretty eyes light up. The diamonds on the ring could not compare to the beauty that glistened from his lovers eyes.

"Daniel." Mariah's voice cracked as she watched him get on one knee.

"Will you marry me? Mariah Lee." The pace of his heart never slowed as he looked up at her."