XXXI

Friday, September 18th, 2020 [8:15pm]

Mariah Lee Brown

Me U & Hennessy  DeJ Loaf ft. Lil Wayne

Mariah had been sitting on her couch for the longest when she got a text from Kenzo. She thought that Daniel had been acting unusual but she didn't like to overthink.

From Kenzooo😽: Come outside sis

To Kenzooo😽: okay

It was a request that sparked Mariah's interest so she didn't hesitate to slide her slides on and unlock the front door.

As she walked out, she was met with Kenzo holding a black box. The outside was beautiful so Mariah didn't know what to expect when she opened it.

"What's this?" Mariah chuckled.

"A surprise," A mischievous smile appeared on Kenzo's face, "Don't open it until you get inside."

"Okay." Mariah was a little confused.

What was she up to?

"Bye, love you." Kenzo headed back to her car quickly.

"Love you too!" Mariah semi yelled before going back into her house and locking the door while holding the black box in her hand.

It didn't take long for Mariah to place the black box on her bed and open it, revealing a golden sparkly dress with a pretty note card placed on top of it.

The note was written by Daniel, Mariah could tell because she knew his hand writing. It smelled of his cologne too; her favorite.

Get ready and put this on. A lil birdie told me you wanted this and I can't help but fantasize about how good you would look with it on, and how much better you gone look when I take it off... I'll be there around 9:30 mama.
- Dthang

It wasn't hard to make Mariah smile but this note made her do more than just smile. She felt a warm feeling in her stomach, a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time.

There was no doubt that Mariah cared for Daniel but this made her feel something more for him.

She moved the note over to her dresser and decided to pull the pretty dress out.

It was exactly her size, it mattered to her that Daniel cared enough to get the dress for her because it showed that he asked someone else about her. He cared for her too.