•35•

Quinn's point of view

As Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and I sing backing vocals for Santana, during her performance of "If I can't have you" by Yvonne Elliman, I glance at Rachel beside me.

I smile at her while leaning my head on her shoulder and take her hand. Chloe and Aubrey are here too today, since Mr. Schue invited them. Chloe sings with the song too and I wonder if she is thinking about Beca while singing.

,,Incredible." Mr. Schue says when Santana is done singing the song. ,,And I could see exactly where you were going with it. This was more than just a beautiful love song to Brittany, it's also a powerful way to convey your dream that marriage equality will someday be a reality for everyone." I roll my eyes. Mr. Schue never cared about same sex couples. I mean, the way he treated Rachel and myself whenever we asked him if we could sing the leads, says enough. Because of him I had to watch Rachel pretend to be in love with Finn. ,,And you're off to law school to make it happen. Amazing!" Mr. Schue finishes his sentence. Santana just scoffs.

,,Of course I want marriage equality and yeah, Brittany will always be my girlfriend but my mistress is fame. And that song was all about how I can't live without my fame."

,,Then I'll have to say I'm disappointed in you." I roll my eyes again.

,,You're always disappointed." I say now what causes everybody to look at me. ,,Yeah, I'm sorry Mr. Schue but you've always been against gay couples."

,,That's not true." He dares to say. ,,But as I was saying, I'm disappointed in you, Santana. Fame is not something to aspire to." He shakes his head. Santana rolls her eyes.

,,First of all Quinn is right you have always been against gay couples and the proof is making Rachel sing love songs with Finn for every competition we have done instead of letting Quinn and Rachel take the lead. Second, you have zero right saying you are disappointed in any of us when you're the biggest disappointment out of all of us here." Once she finished speaking she walked over to Brittany and sat on her lap and shielded herself from everyone else by putting her face in Brittany's neck. Rachel breaks the silence.

,,While that is true Mr. Schue, let's move on to what the real point of this week's lesson is, shall we?" Mr. Schue is still stunned from being told off by Santana which I'm not surprised about since he never knows what to do whenever he is called out for his prejudices. I'm glad Santana is finally putting him into place and I'm not the only one calling him out on his anti-gay stance in performances. Hopefully now things will change and we will get more diversity in the performances. It seems Rachel broke him out of his trance.

,,Right, sorry, the point of this week's lesson is to show what you are looking forward to in the future." We all groan as the bell rings signifying it's time to leave for the day. I'm sure I'm not the only one happy to be leaving for the day. After all Mr. Schue just put us through, I'm definitely not in the mood to think about the future, especially while Beca is still gone. 

While walking to my locker I feel a presence behind me so I stop walking, then turn around quickly and end up bumping into the person who was following behind me. I hear a small giggle and realize it's Marley so I shake my head and laugh back.

,,Marley, why were you following me?"

,,Well I saw all of you leaving glee club and none of you looked too happy so I wanted to ask you if you and Rachel would like to go on a Double date to Bread-sticks with Finn and I?" I smile at her and then think if Rachel and I had already made plans for tonight and we don't.