•18•

•Beca's point of view•

As always Finn, Quinn and I are riding towards school but it's a little different this time. Both of my best friends keep asking if I'm okay. It's sweet and annoying. I get that they are worried about me being beaten up but they don't have to ask me if I'm okay, like all the time.

,,Can you please stop asking me if I'm okay? It's dangerous for you two to know. If my father finds out I told you, he will not only hurt me but also you two."

,,Were just worried about your safety."

,,I get that Finn, but you don't have to ask me all the time."

,,Whatever you want." We drive further in complete silence.

When we get to Barden High, we lock our bikes and go into the school. At my locker Stacie, Marley and Jesse are waiting for me. After I told them about my father, they promised they wouldn't leave me alone.

,,Beca, you have to help us out." Jesse says to me.

,,With what?"

,,Well Stacie here has a huge crush on your friend and she doesn't know what to do."

,,Just ask Finn out." I tell her, assuming they mean Finn.

,,No, I don't like him." Stacie says and looks at Finn. ,,No offense."

,,It's okay. I have my eye on someone else." He looks at Marley and she blushes.

,,Who is your crush?"

,,Aubrey." She whispers.

,,She's not my friend."

,,No but Chloe is. You can talk Stacie up. Maybe Chloe can help me by arranging a date."

,,I'm sorry but Chloe and I aren't that close. And Chloe has a relationship with Tom."

,,Ah, come on Bec. Stacie is your best friend and she would help you in a heartbeat if it was the other way around." Jesse says.

,,I'm nobody's wingwoman."

,,But if you do this for Stacie, you also will be closer to Chloe." Jesse gives me a wink. Him mentioning her name gives me butterflies. I look over at Finn and Quinn. They also think it's a good idea. They know how I feel about Chloe. I sigh.

,,What do I have to do?" I ask Stacie and she smiles.

,,I'll let you know." The bell rings which means we need to be in the choir room any minute. Finn, Quinn and I walk in and see everybody sitting on a chair. We take our places at the back of the room.

,,Okay let's talk about sectionals." Mr. Schue says and writes sectionals on the whiteboard.

,,We are going to win!" Puck says and leans backwards.

,,Yeah, Mr. Schue. We have Rachel, she's the best singer here." Rachel smiles and blushes. Her eyes try to find Quinn. I lean in a little bit.

,,Q, have you told her about you know what?"

,,No."

,,Why not?"

,,I'm scared." She honestly tells me and I give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

,,We might have Rachel's voice but that's not enough." Mr. Schue tells us.

,,But Mr. Schue, haven't you forgotten about Beca?" Brittany says and gives me a smile.

,,Beca already gave us the songs we need for the sectionals. She has done her job." Mr. Schue looks at Brittany. ,,Brit, you should teach others how to dance."