Chapter Three

Six Years Later

It's Five and I's six-year anniversary of dating, and he has now stolen more than just my heart 😏. Anyway, I found this adorable bracelet that was blue and I am going to give it to him. As I walk across the library where we were staying, I went to talk to Delores about how I should give Five the bracelet.

"Heeeyyyy girl," Delores says as I walk over to her.

"Shhh! You'll wake Five! He needs his sleep after staying up all night with his equations" I shush her.

"Fine, so... why are you here? Need some dating advice?"

"Kinda... so I have this blue bracelet I was going to give Five, but I don't know how to give it to him. Do I just say like "Happy Anniversary, here's this blue bracelet I found for you!"" I questioned.

"I think that you should have him close his eyes and put the bracelet in his hands so he can guess what it is."

"Okay! I'll do that!" I say as I walk back to Five and I's bed. I get in and wrap my arms around his waist.

I'm sorry, that was super cringy!

"Mornin', baby." He whispers in a husky morning voice that always sends a shiver down my spine.

"Morning," I say sleepily. We sit there for a few minutes before getting out of bed and getting dressed. We had raided a clothing store the other day and gotten more clothes. Once we were ready, Five unexpectedly grabbed my hand and blinked us somewhere. I couldn't see, though, because Five had his hands over my eyes.

"Five? Whatcha doin'?" I ask.

He chuckles and says, "I'm giving you our anniversary gift"

"Well, can I see it?"

"Hold on just a sec... But keep your eyes closed. Ok?"

"M'kay." He takes his hands off my eyes, but I keep my eyes closed. I hear his footsteps as they fade away. I panic, is he leaving me? Does he not love me anymore? Would he really do that? As these thoughts run through my head, I hear footsteps coming closer.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." He tells me. I slowly open my eyes and gasp at the sight in front of me.

I was on a beach! Well.. sorta a beach...I look to my right and see that there's a kind of ocean with not much water and to my left I see a burned-down forest but it somehow looks magical. Five and I haven't been able to find any natural water source, so this was kinda a big deal. And then there was Five himself, he stood in front of me with a childish grin on his face.

"Five! This is amazing!" I tell him. I was about to jump in the water when Five pulls me back by the arm.

"Hold on. I have one more surprise for you." I watch as he kneels on one knee and I gasp.

"Y/n Hargreeves, I have known you for as long as I can remember. We were told to be each other's siblings, but for you, I've always felt like you were more. When I found out what the word love meant, I instantly knew that I didn't just like you, or love you as a sibling, I Love loved you. And I will continue to love you until I draw my last breath and in the afterlife, I will love you more. You are the reason I wake up in the morning, the reason I work so hard every day to try and get us back home, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and only you. I get that we already are, considering we are in the apocalypse, but I want to be able to call you my wife. I know I don't deserve you, but, Y/n Hargreeves, will you marry me?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes and pulls out a beautiful ring.