Chapter Twelve

Y/n POV:

I smile at Ben as I walk back towards Five. I grab his hand and we start to walk back down the alleyway, toward a van.

Klaus calls out to us from the dumpster, "Hey, hey guys. So... you need any more company today? I could uh, clear my schedule."

"Looks like you've got your hands full," I tell him.

"Oh, this? No, no I can do this whenever. I'm just-" He falls back down into the dumpster.

"I just misplaced something. That's all. Oh! Found it! Thank God!" He picks up a disgusting moldy donut. Or maybe it was a bagel, I can't tell.

Please tell me he's not going to eat it.

Klaus takes a big bite, "Delicious!"

Me and Five continue to walk away down the alley.

"Mi hermano! Mi Hermana!" Klaus calls, "I love you even if you can only love each other!"

Five and I get in a plumber's van and drive away.

We park outside of Meritech to do a stake-out. I always hated them, so boring.

Then I realize something, "Oh shit." I whisper. I turn to the bag in the back.

"Hey, sorry you were in there for so long, Dolores," I say.

"Are y'all drunk?" She asks.

"No, we're not drunk, we're working." Five says without taking his eyes off the road.

"Is this about the eye thing?"

"Yes, it's about the eye thing. This is the place where it was made... Or will be made. We just have to wait." I tell her.

I glance at Five and see his mood change. I wonder why...

Knock Knock. I turn and see Luther at the window waving.

Five pulls me onto his lap and Luther struggles to get into the car and sits where I was previously.

Five wraps his arms around my waist. Luther notices this and raises his eyebrows, but doesn't say anything.

"You shouldn't be... How did you find us?" Five asks Luther as I rest my head on his chest.

Luther points to the back of the van. Five and I turn our heads and see Klaus dancing with Dolores.

"Hey, baby... Hey guys, a little privacy here. We're really hitting it off."

I throw a plastic bottle at his head.

"Get out! You can't be here! We're in the middle of something!" Five yells.

Klaus smirks and gives us raised eyebrows. As he does this, I feel something, hard, under me.

My eyes widen and I slap Five's arm and give him a glare. He doesn't look at me.

Klaus comes up between the seats, "Any luck finding your one-eyed man?"

"No," I say.

"What's he talking about?" Luther asks.

"Does it matter? It's Klaus." Five says.

"What do you want Luther?" I glare at him.

"Umm. So Grace might have had something to do with Dad's death. So I need you to come back to the academy, ok? It's important." Luther looks.

"It's important," I scoff, "You have no concept of what's important."

"Hey!" Klaus interrupts, "Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" He chuckled, "It was so painful!"

We all made a face. "What are you still doing?" Luther asks.

"What? I-what? I need an excuse to hang out with my family?" Klaus puts his hand over his heart.

"We're having a serious conversation." Five explains.

"What? And I'm incapable of being serious? Is that what you're saying?"

"Sorry Klaus, Five has a point. You should get out." I give him a sad smile.

He sighs and gets out of the van. I felt so bad for him.

I look at Ben.

Look after him for me.

He nods and leaves with Klaus.

"What the hell are you guys up to?" I look back at Luther and still feel something under me. I squirm and Five grabs my hips.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He whispers. I immediately stop.

"You wouldn't understand," I tell Luther.

"Try me. Last I checked, I'm still the leader of this family." He smirks.

"A pretty shitty leader," I whisper. Five chuckles at my comment.

"And last I checked, we're 28 years older than you." Five smirks as Luther's smirk disappears.

"You know what your guys' problem is?" Luther asks.

"Really hoping that you'll tell us." I give a fake smile.

"You think you're better than us. You always have. Even when we were kids. But the truth is, you're just as messed up as the rest of us. We're all you have. And you know it." Luther frowns.

My hands instinctively go to my stomach.

"We don't think we're better than you Luther." Five tells him.

"We know we are." I finish with a smirk.

"We've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend." Five scowls.

"Right." Luther nods sarcastically.

"Just to get back here and save you all." He mutters.

"Hey, bitches!" We all turn and see Klaus running down the street, his arms filled with snacks, and a security guard chasing him.

"I'm starting to wonder if that was the wisest decision," I say.