Chapter Fifteen

A/N: Sorry that the last one was super short, I'll make sure to make this one longer!

Y/n POV:

"There!" I point out the window at Lance walking his dog.

He gets in what I assume is his car and Five grabs my hand and blinks us there.

He lands in shotgun, while I land in the back seat with the dog.

"Puppy!" I squeal, I LOVE dogs, especially puppies. I pick it up and it starts to give me kisses as I giggle.

Five takes out a knife and puts it to Lance's throat.

"You have one chance to tell us exactly what's going on in that lab." Five threatens.

I forgot how hot Five looked when he threatened people.

"I-I manufacturer prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and sell them on the black market." Lance gulps.

A/N: This is really random, but I just realized how weird 'gulps' sounds. Anyone else? No? Ok, I'll get back to the story now.

"Including eyeballs?" Five asks.

"Yeah, they're my best seller. They sell like hotcakes. I-I've got a list. A waiting list. Probably like twenty buyers."

"So the serial number I told you." Five presses.

"C-could have already been made. Yes. Off the books."

Five scoffs and rolls his eyes. I just sit there, with the adorable puppy.

"We needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, we need it now." Five says.

I'm surprised the car hasn't burned down, cause damn! Five looks so hot right now.

"I don't have it! I mean not on me. My only copy is in the safe at the lab."

"Well start the car then. Cause we're going on a field trip." Five blinks to the back seat with me as Lance starts the car.

"Fiveeee! Can we keep the puppy??" I give him a pleading look.

"Wha- No. That would be stealing." He says.

"Pleeeeaseeee?? You can put a knife to his throat, but I can't keep the puppy?" I give him puppy eyes.

I can tell he's trying to control himself, "Ok, after we save the world, we can MAYBE get a puppy, but not his puppy."

"Fine." I pout.

"Aww, baby." He wraps his arms around me. He soon falls asleep.

Five POV:

"Five! Five! Come on we're here!" I open my eyes and see Y/n shaking me awake.

We get out of the car and the air smells weird, "Do you smell smoke?" I ask.

Y/n's eyes widen as she runs toward the building. I follow quickly after.

We come around the corner and see Meritech in flames.

Y/n starts running towards it, "Y/n! Y/n! Stop!" I yell after her, but she doesn't listen, she gets to the door and the place explodes.

Y/n flies away from the building and lands hard on the ground. I run up to her and take her in my arms.

"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n, please, I can't live without you!" I feel my tears start to flow.

She stays still. I check for a pulse. There was none.

"No, no, no, no, no. NO!" I yell at the sky.

–Time Skip to the Funeral–

I watched as they lowered the casket into the ground.

"Five, would you like to say anything?" Luther looks at me.

I stand, "I- I'm sorry, I can't." I sit back down.

–A Few Hours Later–

Everyone had already left. I stayed out there, on my knees at her grave.

"I'm so so sorry." I whisper, "You didn't deserve this. It should have been me. You never got to grow up happy, not in the apocalypse. We never got to raise our child or get that house on the lake we always wanted. We never got to get that dog you wanted. I'm sorry Y/n. I love you."

I sob for what felt like forever but was probably just a few hours.

Then, I woke up.