chapter 2

Armaan pov.......

I finally made Ayan sleep and came out to the balcony to smoke.
I miss you Shikha. I really do. Though I was not that expressive but I loved you.
I and our son  needs you  .....I confessed looking at the moon with slight tears in my eyes remembering her beautiful face.
It's been 14 months now that she left us.
Life has been never the same since she left me .
We got married in an arranged marriage set up. I was not at all ready to marry back then  but then eventually gave up in front of my family.
Shikha was a confident, bold , practical and ambitious woman . We clicked instantly as we both shared same interest. We got married and fell in love as the time passed. I was overwhelmed when I came to know that shikha was pregnant and we were going to be parents. Shikha was sceptical about having baby this early but then I assured her that she was not alone into this and we have our whole family to support us.
But due to some complication during labour we lost her and i feel guilty about it.
I still remember that tragic day when I came to know that my wife was no more. The little Ayan was crying and I had no idea how to handle him and my own self .
For next 6 months I was completely lost and had no idea about what was happening around me. My mother then made me realise that my son needs me and I have to be strong for him now .
I gathered my broken self and started again for my son who became my sole reason of existence.
He is my light in darkness.
I gazed at his sleeping figure curled up under the blanket from balcony and a smiled slightly.
My family gave me time to heal but now they are bugging me to remarry again. No one can replace shikha in my life and it's not about me alone now. My son is also involved this time and why would some other women will accept my child as her own.I don't trust anyone with Ayan . I don't need any life partner .I sighed thinking about everything happening around and leaned on the railing puffing a cigarette.

I went inside and layed beside Ayan  kissing him on the forehead and drifted into a dream less slumber.

Author's Pov.....

It was next morning 🌄 that Armaan was getting ready while Ayan was busy blabbering something pressing his toy mobile phone between his ear and shoulder just like Armaan does.
Armaan chuckled at the little copy cat watching him from the mirror.
Armaan stood beside the bed keeping his files and laptop in the bag when Ayan crawled up to him throwing his toys away and raised his hands asking his father to pick him up.
Armaan gathered his little bean in his arms kissing his chubby cheeks making him giggle and moved downstairs to have their breakfast .

Morning everyone!!! Armaan greeted his family as he entred the dining room.
Mollngggg....Ayan cheered loudly clapping his hands copying his father. Everyone smiled looking at his cheerful face and greeted him back laughing.
Here come my boy....come to Daadu..Arvind said spreading his arms and Ayan bounced in his father's arm to let him go making Armaan put him down.
Ayan ran towards his daadu with wobbly legs and crashed into his open arms making Arvind laugh.
Devki Devi smiled looking at her great grandson and caressed his head lovingly.
Sushma made him eat his breakfast for which he did through some tantrums but finished it completely.
Armaan was relieved that his son was completely fine now and was back to him normal naughty self.
He left for the office silently without letting Ayan know as he wouldn't let him go easily if he saw him going out of the house.
Maaniii ....Ayan said angrily glaring at Maansi who laughed hiding his toy car 🚗 behind her back.
He whinned loudly looking at sushma and pointed at Maansi complaining about her.
"Don't bother my baby" !!!! Sushma fake scolded Maansi pulling her ear making Maansi made a cry face.
Ayan laughed looking at Maansi  making Devki and Sushma smile.

Ayan loves it when Maansi get scolded but he gives her kiiisses and Huggies too when she is sad.

Maa there is this NGO  Happy Space, they take care of orphan and homeless childrens, I was thinking from sometime to donate some clothes and study material to help them out. Sushma said addressing Devki Devi while having their Afternoon tea.
That's a very good cause sushma, go ahead with it . Our family has been going through a tough phase lately, we needs some blessings and what can be more pure then brining a smile on their innocent faces. Devki Devi said joining her hands and looking up at the sky.