chapter 8

It was weekend and the perspective groom's family was visiting Rathi's today.
Beena was busy in preparing diffrent snacks and asking their made to dust the leaving room as she wanted everything to be perfect today.
Disha was with Ayesha helping her to choose a dress .
Where are you lost Ayeshu...?? Disha asked noticing Ayesha's behaviour.
Nowhere bhabhi, just thinking about today Ayesha said with a small smile to convince Disha.
Her mind was occupied by Armaan and Ayan . But she can't voice out her thoughts as she felt it was wrong on her part to be attracted towards a man who was a father of a child. But his wife was no more she tried to justify her liking but felt guilty too.
She felt an instant connection with Ayan and after meeting Armaan she was not able to take him out of her mind.
She tried to suppress her liking as she knew what she wanted can never come true.
She tried to focus on her current situation diverting her mind from there father son duo.

Ayesha got ready in a white floral anarkali dress looking simply beautiful 😍

The boy with his family had already arrived and were sitting in the living room with her family

Ayesha breathed in and exhaled to calm herself down and walked towards them with a tea tray in her hand as her mother instructed her.
All looked at her specially the Boy...Karan who was her perspective groom.
He was a handsome young man with a good physique but no where near Armaan.
Ayesha scolded herself on comparing him with Armaan. Why she is making things complicated.
She greeted his parents folding her hand who smiled nodding at her.
They asked her about her hobbies , her current job and some casual things.
Karan was looking at her continuously from the time she entered the room making her bit uncomfortable but she ignored it for the time being.
I think we should let the childrens talk as they have to decide further.. Gautam suggested making Karan's parents node.
Karan followed Ayesha to the attached garden and the both took their seat on the bench beside each other.
You look really beautiful - Karan said looking at her making Ayesha shift in her seat.
Thankyou she said smiling awkwardly.
Actually I wanted to tell you something before we talk about anything else - she said gaining his attention and he nodded at her asking her to continue.
Ayesha told him about her fertility issue and he was taken aback for a moment but composed himself.
It's ok , As you said there are treatments available to help you conceive and you have talked to your doctor. So I think that would not be a problem...he said calmly looking at her.
Ayesha genuinely smiled at him for the first time after listening to his views.
But, I don't like you working in the NGO...
Social services is ok and we must contribute for social good but devoting your complete time is bit over and waste of your time and skills.
You are highly qualified and can do much better job then teaching at the NGO he expressed his displeasure with her job.
Ayesha didn't liked how he talked about working for an NGO as a waste of time .
I don't agree with you here...it's not just a job for me , but it gives me inner satisfaction to help those needy childrens and i guess that's what we seek in life...being happy and satisfied with our work. She said disagreeing with him.

Before they could talk further Disha came there to call them back and they returned to the living room .
Soon Karan and his family took their leave asking for some time to tell their final decision.

Ayesha got changed and took a much needed nap as she didn't get enough sleep last night due her overthinking brain and the father son duo.

Beena and Gautam entred Ayesha's room after dinner to know about her decision regarding the proposal.
Ayesha told them about Karan's displeasure about her job.
You can do something else after marriage beta. Atleast he understood your medical condition and didn't reacted negatively to it...Beena said making Ayesha frown at her mother .
But maa i love my job and don't want to leave the NGO just like that...Ayesha said trying to make her mother understood her point.
Beta...we can't get everything we desire for. You have worked for the NGO for 2 years and that's enough I guess. Karan is a nice boy and even his parents are very understanding. You won't get a match like this again . So don't let it slip out of your hand just bcz of your job.
You need to reset your priorities now Ayesha Beena said and left the room for Gautam to talk further .
Ayesha was disheartened with her mother's word. Why she had to compromise on her dreams in the starting of this relationship only.
Gautam caressed her hairs making her hug him tightly.
It's ok beta...don't stress yourself much. I am with you in what ever you decide . He said kissing his daughters forehead making Ayesha smile .