Chapter Thirty-One

Sam's POV:

"S-Sam please don't hate me," Colby said with teary eyes. "Baby, what are you talking about?" I asked him confused. "I-I'm sorry but I'm breaking up with you," Colby said as he ran away. "Baby wait!" I called as I stood there unsure if I heard correctly. "Sam, what's wrong?" I turn to see Jake and Tara walking my way. "I'll be back, I have to talk to Colby," I told them as I ran away. I ran outside knowing Colby would be by our tree. Surely I was correct because there he was on his knees crying into his hands.

"Baby?" I called as I walked up to him. Colby looked up and got up trying to run away again but I grabbed his wrist before he could leave. "Baby, please, tell me why you broke up with me?" I asked him. "Sam Please!" Colby begged as he try to pull his arm away. Once Colby escaped my grasp, he then ran away. I was confused as to why my angel was acting the way he was. I sigh as I wondered what could've happened. I then went back inside but I lost him. I ran to our lockers to see if he was still here. I opened his locker and realized his stuff was gone which meant he probably ran home. "Sam, what's going on?" I turn to see Jake and Tara again.

"We've tried looking for Colby but couldn't find him," Tara said. I then explained to them what happened earlier. "Now his stuff is gone which means he probably went home," I told them. "Hey there cutie," I rolled my eyes as I turned to see Sarah smirking. "What do you want, Sarah?!" I snapped at her. "Well, I was wondering, now that you're free why don't you and I hang out together hmm?" I looked at her with a look of disbelief when suddenly my eyes widened as it clicked in my mind. "You forced him to break up with me did you?!" I snapped at her. "Doesn't matter, I can be way better than him in so many ways," she responded as she cupped my face.

I then shoved her away as she was about to kiss me. "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't like you?!" I snapped at her. "Look cutie, I don't know what you see in him but he's just a stupid good-for-nothing whore who only wants sex," she responded. My hands then turned into fists as I glared at her. "Fuck you, you bitch!" I then look to see Tara backhandedly slapping Sarah hard across the face. "The only good-for-nothing whore I see is you!" "Just go away, Sarah!" I snapped at her. "But cutie," she began but I cut her off. "Go!" Sarah scoffed as she walked away.

Suddenly my phone vibrated, I checked to see it was Lesa calling me.

L: Lesa S: Sam

S: Hello?

L: Oh Sam thank goodness!

S: Lesa what's wrong?

L: Sam, Colby is in his room crying. He said he wanted me to call you.

S: Ok Lesa, I'll be there soon.

L: Thank you Sam and please be easy on him.

S: Don't worry Lesa I will

Once I hung up I then grabbed my bag from my locker. "You guys stay here, I'm going to go talk with Colby," I told them. "Ok brother we'll stop by later," Jake responded. I then left the school building. On my way home, I stopped by Target and got Colby a big Hershey's Kiss and a bag of small Hershey's Kisses. I then walked into the grocery store next to it and bought a bouquet of roses as well. Once I got home, I then ran up to our shared bedroom and opened the door to see Colby hugging his knees.

I then sat next to him and hid the gifts next to me on the floor. "Baby, please tell me why did you break up with me, don't you love me anymore?" I asked him. Colby instantly looked up at me. "Of course I love you," he responded. "Baby, why did you break up with me?" Colby sighs as he looks down and fiddles with his fingers. "S-Sarah made me," he said. "I knew it!" I called. "S-She said she'll show everyone our little video during the assembly tomorrow if I don't break up with you," Colby explained. "After I told her that I broke up with you she then said she crossed her fingers and that she was still going to show everyone the video. She said that she forced me to break up with you so you can be hers." "Oh baby," I told him as I hugged him. "I'm so stupid! I shouldn't have listened to her!" Colby sobbed. "Baby, can I ask you something?" I asked him. Colby looked up at me and nodded his head.

"Baby, will you please take me back?" I asked him. Colby nodded as he looked at me. "I have something for you," I told him. I then pulled out the roses and Colby's eyes glossed as I gave them to him. "These are beautiful," Colby said as he smelled them. "I also got you this," I said as I gave him the Target bag. Colby opened the bag and his eyes widened as he took out the chocolates. "Thought I brought you something to cheer you up," I told him with a smile on my face. "I love it thank you," Colby said as he hugged me. I then cupped his face and kissed him. Colby wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me back. "I love you," I told him. "I love you too," Colby said with a smile on his face.

"But what about Sarah? Once she sees us together she's going to show the video for sure," Colby said with panic laced in his voice. "Don't worry baby, we'll think of something," I told him. Soon Lesa entered and was happy to see us together. Colby showed her the roses and chocolates. "I'm glad you guys are together," Lesa said. The rest of the evening we spent it watching videos on YouTube as we ate some lunch that Lesa made for us. Suddenly our bedroom door opened and we saw Jake and Tara enter our room. "I see you guys finally made up," Tara said. "We sure did," I responded. Colby even showed them the roses and chocolates I got him. Jake and Tara were very happy that we were together.