AO3 PT.4

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHICAL CONTENT

Title : 
Love was a virus

Summary: It's been months. How long has she been here? The same person comes in once a week if that. They give her food and water. But they don't talk. They have this same ink scent attached to them. It's not like she's gonna hurt them though, so why is it that they covered their face? Why is it that it takes a zombie breakthrough to see what they look like?

Zombie Apocalypse

I have not read this over.

With gentle hands, she carefully wrapped a bandage around his knee, which was rapidly swelling and bleeding. As she worked, she spoke softly to him, offering words of comfort and reassurance, but also a hint of worry. "Ollie..you're a very strong boy.. but you can't keep tripping over.." It was clear to her that he was in pain, and the tears he was holding back only added to her concern. Despite his best efforts to remain composed, a quiet sniffle escaped him, betraying his discomfort. As he shuffled a little closer to the other person, he whispered a few-worded apology under his breath. As soon as they met, the other person enveloped him in a firm embrace, their hands trembling as they stroked his back soothingly. She inhaled deeply, attempting to alleviate the rapid thumping of her heart.

"Don't apologise.. You're just a little boy. You make mistakes too.." His arms snaked up behind hers, gripping tightly as his tears began to fade away and a smile enlarged on his face. The two slowly separated. The older looked out the window, her face paled, clearly in horror. She began to think. Shit.. Since when the fuck do shops not have back doors?! She inhaled deeply, her face scrunching up. If we stay here.. they'll find us. If we run, we'll probably be eaten alive. Her arm being nudged knocked her out of her thoughts. "Look.." He whispered as she pointed up at the sky. Her head raised and her pupils widened as the loud wiring came into sight. She hastily took off her bag, quickly drumming through its contents. She ignored the pain as her nails caught on several different items until she felt a familiar plastic, she retreated her arm, revealing the red flare. Her eyes caught the nervous look on Ollie's face. He was only 11, but he was a smart kid. His worried expression shifted toward her, and she nodded. He began to re-tie his shoelaces in haste. Last time they almost died because he hadn't tied his shoes properly. The older hastily stepped her bag back onto her back, patiently waiting a few moments until he finished.

"What was that saying? Something.. die trying?." The woman looked at the boy, her face shocked for a moment before relaxing into a softer smile.

"Try or die trying.." She whispered, before leaning forward, kissing the top of his head. She couldn't resist the shakiness of her legs knowing they were basically staring a brutal death in the face. Hazel's brown eyes met with Blue. "Are you ready?" She whispered. His bottom lip trembled heavily. Before his eyebrows furrowed, trying to put on a determined expression despite the scared tears in his eyes. He nodded. The older one smiled. "Such a brave boy... I love you, Ollie.. so.. so much.." The boy sniffled.

"I love you too Mom.." The two stood up before hastily running out under the murky green sky. The woman clearly heard the grunts and groaning of the creatures as they notice their prey running. An ear-piercing screech reverberated off of the tall building and Ollie's head turned around. His face paled at the horde now running after them, screaming. The blonde's eyes scanned ahead of them, trying to find any place that could get them on top of a building, anything. Her eyes zoomed in on a fire escape leading into an alleyway.

"Cmon! This way!" She yelled, the two took a sharp left, hastily running down the alleyway. The two paused. The blonde threw her backpack off before jumping, and gripping onto the ladder, dragging it down. She wasted no time, in bending her knees and interlocking her fingers. The young boy didn't waste any time, placing her foot on the hands of the blonde and with a team effort, got raised up and grabbed the ladder, hastily climbing up.