LXXX ▸ Helping you <3

Whether a vampire or a siren, Wednesday Addams had one trait that every outcast or freak knew about. The Addams was described as a freak, a psychopath, a murderer, or an outsider. It was clear to those who had never even had a conversation with her just by seeing her aura and her demeanour, the way she carried herself spoke for itself to them, and they did not need her to voice it to them.

In the eye of Wednesday Addams: help was a nuisance. A normie can do many things alone, yet find themselves asking for help, it is detestable and lazy. So she did not understand how an outcast, a supernatural being could ask for help and not feel an ounce of shame in their actions. Despite her irritation, it was none of her business, however, she did strive to do things alone ever since her realisation.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Enid was lurking in botany class. Leaning on her elbows with her nail firmly between her teeth. She found herself slightly transfixed on a particular individual. Her teeth gritted and ground and pulled on her nail, providing a small amount of pain to her thumb that let her focus on her thoughts. Despite the noise in the class, it didn't seem to bother her as much as it should have.

Her ears used to ache at the students being noisy; right now, however, her own voice was louder than twenty-odd students. Or that was until she got a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head, revealing her clearly agitated expression towards the intruder, who turned out to be none other than Yoko herself.

''Girl. Listen, I totally understand you're in your I don't know if I'm straight era but calm down with that stare.'' She tilted her glasses a little to look directly at Enid's eyes. Her eyebrow was cocked up as if to ask if she was alright. A sigh escaped Enid's lips as she turned her attention back to the goth's back.

''Do you not see that?''
.....''No?...''

Enid looks at Yoko in disbelief. Her face was almost genuinely shocked. She was almost appalled that Yoko didn't notice the difference in her posture yet dared to call herself Wednesday's friend.

''You don't see the way her back isn't straight? The way her shoulders are slouched? the way one braid goes over her shoulder and one goes in front? The way her pencil pauses every few minutes?'' With her jaw hung open slightly, Yoko stared with an unamused and annoyed expression.

''Maybe because I'm not girl crazy for goths.'' Enids waved her off and turned her attention back to Wednesday.

''She never likes it when people get in her business so... I'm just not sure how to help.'' Yoko fixed her glasses. She fidgeted with her fingers for a second, as if contemplating how she was supposed to respond to Enid's worries. Her mouth opened slightly a few times, before closing again, but she finally took a deep breath and spoke.

''Maybe just.. wait a few days. If this behaviour continues then confront your little gothie about it. You're closer to her than anybody else, she wouldn't do a thing to you.'' Enid kept her attention on Wednesday, but her expression seemed to relax a little as she thought. While logically what Yoko said was true, she was way closer to Wednesday than anybody else at Nevermore, but it was still nerve-wracking her ask her personal things as she could react in various ways.

The very thought of Wednesday being seriously mad at her made her simply want to perish on the spot, let alone making the goth assume shes being weak and close herself off from the outside world. Who in gods name would want their best friend to just isolate themselves? Enid didn't.