Yule Ball | Ominis

"Sebastian, I changed my mind," Ominis sputtered, leaning against the wall outside the common room.

"No," Sebastian grabbed him by the shoulders. "We talked about this, you have nothing to worry about."

"What if someone already asked her- or what if-" he stuttered.

"Relax, no one has asked her yet," Sebastian lied. It wasn't like Ominis could tell it was a lie by the look on Seb's face.

"Seb, I- I just can't. This could mess up everything- our whole friendship."

"Orrrrr, it could elevate that friendship to the next level," he smirked, making in a few kissing noises in the direction of his friend.

"That's it," Ominis said anxiously, "I can't do it!" He began walking away when Sebastian grabbed him and pushed him around the corner, "Sebastian! Hey!" He wiggled against the grip of his friend.

"Oh hello y/n," Sebastian smiled, holding Ominis in place. His friend's heart was beating at a worrisome rate.

"Hey?" She laughed lowly, "is uh- is everything alright?" She eyed the two boys in front of her, a devious Sebastian and a nervous Ominis.

"Perfect," Sebastian replied. "I hope we aren't interrupting anything, but Ominis needs to ask you something." Ominis tried to pull away from Seb again but it was a fruitless effort. Sebastian only tightened his grip.

"Um sure," she laughed, "Let's hear it."

Sebastian nudged Ominis encouragingly. "Oh um- I was," he stuttered, "I was just wondering- well I was thinking maybe..." His cheeks were turning rosier in color with each word that fumbled out of his mouth.

"Oh for Merlin's sake," Sebastian muttered, rolling his eyes. "Look at this face y/n!" He squished Ominis's cheeks in his hands, "I mean if you won't go to the Yule Ball with him, then I I will-"

Y/n blushed at the realization of what was happening. She had been waiting for Ominis to ask her- now she could finally turn down all those other suitors.

"Oh um- yeah. I'd love to go to the Yule Ball with you Ominis," she smiled.

Finally, Ominis relaxed in Sebastian's arms, and Seb loosened his grip, now confident Ominis wouldn't run away.

"Really?" He breathed.

"Yes!" She beamed, smiling at her date.

Writers note: This fanart inspired this whole chapter lolol

Writers note:
This fanart inspired this whole chapter lolol. Should I do a part 2?

Also we <3 Seb playing matchmaker