Chapter 19 - Scarlett

Song: Cough Syrup - Young the Giant

"Scarlett Gomez, please come to the principals office before first period bell rings." That is the first thing I hear over the intercom as I walk into school. Monday mornings are the best. Not.

It's like they were watching the security cameras waiting for me to come in and announce that I'm in trouble to the entire school.

I enter the front office and go up to the lady at the desk.

"I was called in." I say to her as she looks up to me with distain.

"Well, I never thought you'd be sent here. I thought they let everything you do slide." She says to me with a fake smile causing me to roll my eyes.

"Would you just tell me what I was called here for." I say irritated. Why does this bitch have to get on my nerves first thing in the morning?

Just as she was about to tell me, I see the door to the principals office swing open.

"Miss Gomez, come on in please." Principle Thompson says.

I walk into her office and take a seat on one of the chairs in front of her desk as she closes the door. She walks to the chair behind her desk and takes a seat.

"Do you know why you are here, Miss Gomez?" She asks as she crosses her hands on her desk trying to look intimidating.

"Quite frankly, no, I do not."

"A video has been brought to my attention." She says as she types something on her computer.

"What kind of video?" I ask.

"One where you are seen in a fight with a boy."

Mierda.

A video? Of me fighting with a boy? Well that can only be Justin but there are two videos of that. I wanna say the one of the party was not as bad as the one at school so hopefully it was that one!

Principle Thompson turns her computer around to show me the video on the screen. Doble mierda. Of course it had to be the one where I kneed Justin in the balls.

"As you can imagine this is very inappropriate behavior."

"Oh c'mon! He deserved it. Do you know he cheated on me and tried to apologize by calling it a simple mistake? Like what the fuck of an apology is that?!" I almost yell in frustration making her stare at me in shock for a split second. She clears her throat before she speaks.

"I understand the circumstances and I may also understand the reason behind what you did but regardless this was done on school property, so no matter the reason this should have been handled differently. So I'm sorry but we have contacted your parents-"

"My parents? But they're out of town."

"Yes, well we gave them a call yesterday and they said they would be here later in the afternoon today, so we've set up a meeting for after school." I'm so fucked. "So for now we are done here. You can head to class now and come back once school is over."

I get up from the chair and head out of her office. I go into the hallway and make my way to first period.

Fuck. I'm so fucking fucked! Mother and father are going to be furious. They never get called by the school for the things I do since they always let it slide but now that they've called and made them come back early from their trip they're gonna be furious.

I get to my math class and enter the room.

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence Miss Gomez." The teacher says but I ignore him and take my seat at the back.