Chapter 25 - Scarlett Pt. 1

Song: Gyal You A Party Animal Remix - Charly Black, Daddy Yankee

"That watch looks good on you." I compliment as I walk up to Alex getting books from his locker.

He smiles once he sees me. "It doesn't look too bad." He shrugs playfully making me smile.

We're startled by the sudden slam of the schools front doors. In walks a very confident Justin. Chin up high, chest puffed out. I can't help the eye roll that leaves me.

Justin stoped coming to school for a while. People made silly gossip saying I humiliated him so badly he didn't want to show his face but now he's back and with a new attitude. He's really got that bad boy vibe down now more than ever.

He walks right past us but I don't miss the glance he gives my way. He hasn't tried talking to me yet but something tells me I should keep an eye out.

Speaking of glances, I've noticed the slight double takes people have been doing on Alex lately. I think it's his haircut. I mean from the back he looks like a totally different person. I guess a haircut really can change your appearance.

"Party at Alejandro's tonight, are you going?" Rebecca asks as she approaches Alex and I.

Alejandro's parties are always fun. He mainly plays music by Latin artists which of course are my favorite because they're usually songs you can actually dance to and not just jump around.

"On a Monday night?" People always have parties on the strangest days of the week. "I'll think about it." The last party I went to was when Justin cheated on me. Since then I didn't feel like going to parties. Not because of him, I simply genuinely didn't feel the desire to.

I look at Alex who was listening intently to Rebecca as she told me about the party. I remember he once asked if those parties were fun. That's when it occurred to me.

"Do you wanna go to the party?" I ask making Alex turn to me in confusion.

"I don't think I'm invited." He laughs it off nervously rummaging through his locker.

"Oh please, when Alejandro throws a party everyone's invited. He tells everyone to spread the word so he's expecting lots of people to show up." Rebecca explains.

It's true. He rarely invited people directly. More than half the people that attend his parties show up because they heard it from someone else.

"Why don't we go? Don't you wanna experience a high school party?" I ask him.

"What party?" Amanda asks approaching us with the cross of her arms.

"Alejandro's, tonight." Rebecca answers leaning against the lockers. "Wanna go?" She asks her in curiosity.

"Um, we don't do parties. Right, Alex?" She smiles as she links her arm with Alexe's making something in me twitch. What was that?

"Well... maybe we could?" Alex speaks softly. I knew he wanted to go.

"What? Alex, parties aren't for people like us. They are a waste of time-"

"Oh c'mon Amanda, live a little." I interrupt her. "Do you really want to go, Alex?" I ask him once more.

"I-I-"He stutters looking between me and Amanda a few times but finally gives me a hopeful nod.

"Then we're going!" I smile. "We'll make it a part 2 of your birthday. You'll have so much fun!" I smile and I can already see Amanda's angry face. She needs to take a chill pill.

"You can come too you know?" I tell her. It's not like I want her to go but I'm not gonna be rude to not include her.

"Not happening." She gives a fake smile.