Chapter 1 - Scarlett

Song: Maneater - Nelly Furtado

Life seems so easy for me.

I am considered, by most, the hottest girl in school.

The most popular and also the meanest.

People either love me or hate me.

They either want to be seen with me or never see my face.

I do what I want, when I want and no one questions it.

I don't care what people think about me, I really don't. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

"Out of my way." I snap as I walk past some nerdy looking girl, lightly shoving her aside in the process.

I can hear my friends, Lisa and Mindy, giggling behind me, but I keep an emotionless face. It wasn't even funny. The girl was just in the way so I moved her.

My heels click on the floor making my presence known. I notice the looks I'm getting while I continue walking down the school hall.

Guys are practically drooling over me like hungry dogs. Girls either give me nasty looks or pay me no attention at all. Either way I don't care.

Suddenly, some guy stops in front of me and smirks. "Hey sexy, what do you say you give me your number and we can arrange something for later?" He asks as he leans against the lockers on our side.

Oh God. I really don't have the energy to deal with this jerk right now.

"Not even in your dreams weirdo. Now get out of my way." I try to walk around him but he blocks my path once more.

"Oh come on, don't be like that baby." He says as he goes to cup my cheek. Oh hell no!

On instinct, I quickly grab his hand and twist it around his back making him hiss in pain.

"I'm stronger than I look you know. Try touching me again and you'll loose your hand." I whisper in his ear.

I can hear the gasps and little snickers of some people that watch around us.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry! Please let go." I let his arm go and he moves aside.

"Bitch." He scoffs but I ignore him and keep walking. The girls just follow behind me.

These boys are all the same. I reject them, they call me a bitch and then a week later they try hitting on me again. So pathetic.

I keep walking down the hall making my way to where my boyfriend is waiting for me outside. I get to the door that leads out but before I open it I turn around.

"Alright girls, Justin and I are gonna mess around for a bit so... scram." I order, shooing them away with my hand.

"Okay, we'll see you later." They say and take off to somewhere else, probably class.

They always do what I say without complaint. I guess that's a good thing.

I make my way outside walking towards the back of the bleachers to meet up with Justin. It's the only place in this school with no cameras, so we meet here often.

He sees me and he smirks "Hey, you're looking hot, like always."

"Thanks." I answer in a bored tone.

"Well, what's got your panties in a twist?"

"Nothing. So are we gonna do this or what?" I just want to get this over with. I am not in the mood.

"Obviously." He grabs my arm slamming me on a wall beside the bleachers and kisses me
roughly.