Chapter 29

Ally

My eyes fluttered open.

I blinked a few times trying to make sense of what was happening.

What the...

How did I get here? I asked myself as I recognize Carly's apartment.

"Hey."

I look to my right and found Carly standing there.

"Hey," I said as I sat up from the couch. "How did I get here?"

"I asked my neighbour to help me carry you in here."

"How did you find me? I was at the cemetery?" I asked confused.

Carly looked away for a moment. Then she looked back at me with a guilty expression. "Ally... I... I have something to tell you," she said.

"What? What is it?" I said suddenly feeling nervous.

"I'm sorry. Please don't hate me," she said.

"Just tell me."

"It's Adam. He... He knows," she started to say and my eyes widen in shock.

"No," I shook my head not wanting to believe it. "No. You wouldn't," I accused.

"I had no choice. And Ally, he deserves to know. You both need each other. You need him..."

"How could you? I trusted you! How could you tell him?" I said angrily.

"Because I love you! I love you like my own sister! I hate seeing you so broken and devastated. And I'm so scared, Ally. I'm scared of what leaving him is going to do to you this time. No matter how tough you act, I know how broken you are inside. I won't just stand here and watch you drown yourself in pain and sorrow again. I can't."

"It was my decision," I insisted.

"Yes, but it's the wrong decision. I love you and I only want the best for you. Please try to understand me. I was there with you through everything you went through with Adam, and with the loss of your baby. I saw everything and it killed me seeing you so drained out of life. I never want to see that again, Ally," her voice broke.

Oh god. Adam knows. He's got to be hurting and devastated.

This is all my fault.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He might still be at AJ's grave. I'm not sure."

"How... Is he... He must hate me," I broke off in a sob.

"Oh honey," Carly said as she wrapped me in her arms.

I hugged her back so tightly as I cried.

"You both have to talk, Ally," Carly said as she cupped my face. "I know how much you love him, and I believe that there's still a chance for the two of you."

"Carly, you know that that's not the only thing that's holding me back," I said.

She nodded in understanding. "I know, but let him decide that. I know that Adam loves you. And if he is the man that we know him to be, then you'd know that it wouldn't matter... Not to him."

"I don't want him to give up something that we have both dreamed about," I said, my voice cracking.

"I understand, but you still have to talk to him."

I nodded. "I know."

Adam

After spending hours at the grave as I mourn the death of my son, I finally went home.