Chapter 7 : Bloodshot eyes

I loved you

                                 🌻🌻

________________________________________________

It was later in the afternoon when Elle decided to take a walk in her quiet neighborhood . She lived in the suburban area near Westville High , where there was less crime , less kidnapping and less extortions . She had always appreciated her freedom in a place like that . It was safer in the outskirts of the city then anywhere else in town . She didn't have to always watch her back when walking out late and it always helped her calm her mind and spirit . She needed a break from everything that has been happening all around her  .

Taking walks became her daily routine and she would always stop by her best friend's house , Tip , because he lived near . It was only a shorter distance to his house and Elle didn't mind one bit . The only problem was that Connor lived an hour away from school , so they saw each other at less . Connor often visited but would stay for a few hours and leave . Even though she valued Connor too , Tip was the closest to her and that's for many reasons . One was that  Tip was like a brother she never had . They have been friends for nearly 11 years now . It was almost unbelievable with their contrasting personalities but they clicked perfectly with one another .

They had a lot in common too , both of them weren't raised by their parents and had the same taste in music . They shared the same views on almost everything . Eleven years was a very long time , she knew him like the back of her hand . Tip was only himself when they were together .

Elementary school was where their friendship had bloomed to what it was now . Elle still has fond memories of them together kept in the depths of her heart . Those memories kept her sane , they were her anchor . Those memories are the only thing that matters to her other than her grandparents .

At first it was just the two of them and no one else . Tip had been very talkative , with a smart mouth for a kid . Elle found that intriguing for a young boy to know so much . He was smarter too . He'd always help her improve her academics and she'd teach him a few things about art . They did everything together , shared toys and had tons of sleepovers at Elle's house . Her grandparents approved of their friendship because they saw Tip as a good influence on her .

In fifth grade , they welcomed a new person into their friendship . Her name was Storm Jacobs , the loveliest person you could come across . She saved Elle from bullies , saved Tip from a car crash and sacrificing herself in the process . Back then she always stood taller than them and they always had to look up at her . She scared most people because of her tall height . Storm was outspoken like Elle herself .  It was evident to most people that she was their protector . She fought for all their battles and always got in trouble for it . Elle still thinks about her everyday .

And then came Connor , they met him freshman year and they instantly clicked . Connor was still a tad timid back then . He'd always sit alone in the cafeteria and one day they decided to sit with him . That's how their friendship started . Even though Connor was nothing like Storm , they still welcomed him to their duo . Together they called themselves the Westies , just like every other student in Westville High School . The Westies of Westville High . Famously known as the West side .

Today wasn't different though , Elle was planning on going to visit Tip . She just wanted to clear her head first before venting out to her friend . Connor's episode took a heavy toll on her and she couldn't help her aching heart . Connor meant the world to her so seeing him like that , pained her to the core .

She had just passed an alleyway when she felt something or someone behind her . 
Dammit she thought . She knew that she was being followed and she cursed under her breath . I forgot my tool at home . She was totally screwed .