Chapter 18 : Ride

" Good morning Justin ."

Justin looked up from his breakfast to look at the tall man . James had just entered the kitchen with a briefcase in hand . He was wearing a navy blue suit , a red tie and his brown hair was slicked back in a professional manner . He looked ridiculously tall and Justin couldn't help the sneer from taking over his face .

The man was watching him expectedly as if waiting for him to say something but Justin chose to ignore him . He wasn't in the mood to entertain his mother's fling , not when he had other things to deal with .

" You have every right to hate me ." James spoke again and this time he was making his way to where Justin was sitting . The man pulled out a chair from the table and sat down elegantly . It almost reminded Justin of how his mother would sit .

" I don't know what you're talking about ."Justin answered while chewing his cereal loudly , he was purposely annoying the tall man .

He could see how James's left eye twitched when he spat the mashed breakfast back inside his bowl . Justin almost laughed when the man's eyes narrowed slightly as he watched his next move . His green eyes lit up instantly when an outrageous idea popped up .

He immediately dropped his spoon on the floor and placed his fist inside the bowl without breaking eye contact . He whirled the contents of the bowl with his hand , the milk ebbing as he fastened his pace . But his attempts at chasing the man away were futile . James sat silently and watched the man with calculative eyes .

James watched in subtle disgust as Justin , a 17 year old played with his food . He was making a mess but the boy didn't care . He was adamant on chasing him away but James couldn't leave things unspoken between them . He had to make it up to the boy . Justin deserved that much .

" Can you at least acknowledge me , please . " James said after a while and it seemed like his plea hit a spot for the boy . Justin's green eyes hardened , his jaw clenched as he waited for James to say something . "I want to apologise for everything ."

" What are you apologising for , I'm not the one you're sleeping with . Apologise to my mother and after that , go back to where you came from . I don't know who you are and I do not care about your little feelings . But you're not going to come here and act like you own the place . Do you even have a fucking job ?"

" I'm just sorry okay ? That's all I can say for now . I hope that one day you won't see me as a threat but a friend to you ."

" A friend !? Are you fucking serious ?"

" Justin mind your language !!" Justin's mother yelled as she made her presence known in the tense space . She was giving Justin a hard glare as she stood by the counter . Justin hadn't seen her come in . He was too preoccupied with the man opposite of him to notice anything else .

" But mom , he's the one who came to me apologising for nothing . He's ruining our lives ! "

" What happened here , why is there a mess in my kitchen ? Justin-- what ?! " She exasperatedly shrieked when she saw how Justin had turned everything upside down on the table .

Justin looked at the man opposite him before shrugging his shoulders . His mother was looking at him suspiciously like he was guilty of something .

" It's James , he did this ." Justin lied .

" Don't even think about it , I know for a fact that it wasn't him . Look at your hand ! Why are you acting like a child ?"

" Mom can you please sit down , I need to have a chat with you ."

" Not before you wash your sticky hands . You're not 5 Justin , why would you make a mess like this ? "

" I was trying to get rid of him . " Justin said pointing his index finger at James who was watching them quietly . "Look at him , does he seem normal to you ? What normal person would be that tall ?"