Chapter 13 : Heartbeat

It's all gonna be okay 

                                       🌻🌻

________________________________________________

It was during her Art class when Elle decided to excuse herself . She had texted Tip to meet her halfway by the staircase . She needed to take a break because she couldn't focus on the lesson . Her mind was detached from her body , making it harder for her to catch on anything the teacher was saying about sculptures . She needed someone she could trust and Tip was just the right person .

Meet me by the field Tip had answered back immediately sensing her urgent tone . Elle smiled before standing up from her seat . She loved the fact that he was always reliable .

She had been zoning out a lot lately . Taking the blame all to herself for what had happened that night because she'd welcomed Justin into her world without weighing the options of him getting hurt in the process . If only she had ditched him on their first encounter then they wouldn't be here now .  Everything is all my fault .

Justin probably hated her more than he hated anyone in his life . She saw how he looked at her this morning like she was nothing but a nuisance . She worried that he might not forgive her no matter how much she explained the situation to him .

Elle was many things but she was not a liar . She had been planning on telling him about every secret behind these walls but was afraid of his judgement . Their friendship was still fresh and only beginning to bloom .

She left the classroom in a hurry , not wanting to keep her friend waiting . As she was walking down the corridor her body immediately froze on the spot . Elle's brown eyes dilated in nothing but space .

Something was there following her . She was getting a tingling sensation down her spine . She couldn't see anything but her body could detect something  incredibly wrong . It was hard moving her body like an unknown force was dragging her backwards . What's happening here ?

The feeling was gone as soon as it arrived . Elle blinked her eyes when her vision returned . She had a big question mark over her head but she chose to ignore it . She had other things to worry about .

Whatever was there in that minute wasn't of concern to her . It certainly affected her but it wasn't her problem . She could only guess what it was  . All that she worried about was Justin and how she was going to tell him everything .

When she arrived at the field she found Tip already waiting for her . He was leaning against the fence with his face looking up into the sky . His beauty was peculiar to the eye and Elle found herself smiling at him .

" Hey , thanks for coming . " She said to him and stood beside him .

" No problem , I don't want you to do this alone . I know it won't be easy so I'm here to support you . " Tip said . " Justin had to learn the truth somehow . Just like every other human amongst the Westies . "

" What do you think of him ? " Elle said and looked over at Tip to find him frowning . "I mean , can we fully trust him ? We don't know him that well . He doesn't tell us anything Tip . How do we know if he's genuine with us ? "

" I just know ." Tip answered dreamingly .

Elle was watching her friend light up from the mention of Justin's name . She could see the admiration in Tip's dark orbs as he stared up at the sky . She knew for a fact that he liked Justin and she was starting to worry a bit .