Chapter 19 : Say it

Justin arrived just in time to find Connor standing by the entrance of the school . He had informed James not to worry about driving him home after school .

They were on good terms now but Justin was still skeptical about him . He didn't know James very well so it was hard trusting the man . But they were making good progress and he learnt that the man wasn't so bad at all .

He made his way to where Connor stood . The vampire was staring ahead at something Justin couldn't see from where he was walking . Connor was standing tall by the entrance in a white shirt , black leather jacket and blue jeans . His hands were in his pocket as he gawked in the far distance .

Justin arrived by Connor's side , smiling a dimpled smile at the boy . His mind was already made up on how to get on Connor's last nerve . He smiled broadly when the boy finally noticed him with an eye roll . Justin couldn't help but laugh at that . Connor knew what he wanted to do , he could tell from the boy's raised eyebrows that he was waiting for whatever Justin had to offer .

Justin's smile dropped when he noticed that Connor wasn't looking at him anymore but somewhere from afar . He direction his own eyes to where the boy was looking but saw only a group of students laughing about . He didn't see anyone who stood out from the them .

The group consisted of 4 girls and 1 boy . The boy was shorter then all of them with curly chestnut hair . Justin found him very adorable   as he turned back to the vampire .

" What are you looking at man ?" He questioned already expecting Connor to ignore him but the boy shook his head .

" Nothing ." Connor answered distractedly .

" Doesn't look like nothing to me . "

" You don't give up do you ? "

" Nope ." Justin answered childishly . He reached for his bag and grabbed his lunch box inside .

" What's that ?" Connor asked suspiciously . He narrowed his eyes when Justin smiled mischievously .

" Oh it's nothing ." Justin shrugged his shoulders .

Connor didn't say anything as he watched the boy shaking the contents of the lunch box . He was so dumbfounded that he didn't know what to say . He could feel it in his bones that Justin was trying to annoy him again . Connor was looking at the lunch box , trying to see what was inside but Justin kept shaking it .

" Justin ... What's inside that lunch box ?" Connor said , slightly backing away from the boy .

Justin smiled again , this time coming closer to the skeptical vampire . He was enjoying the look on Connor's face .

" Why are you running away from me ?" Justin asked taking steps forward in pursuit of standing in front of the boy .

" And I asked you a damn question !" Connor was growing agitated now , he didn't know why .  His skin was burning , prickling away at his flesh . It had to do with whatever was inside the lunch box , he knew that for sure . He was fine before Justin showed up with it .

" Oh this ?" Justin asked , extending the lunch box towards the other boy . " I brought some garlic , my mom told me it's really effective . "

" What ?!" Connor said before sprinting away from him . Justin laughed at his retreating figure , clearly enjoying the horrified look on Connor's face . It was hilarious and he could hear snickers from the crowd as well .

" Did you really have to go that far ? " A voice called out .

Justin visibly gulped at the oppressive voice . He wished he could have followed Connor when he had the chance . Now he was stuck with another vampire , one that hated him .

Andrew was standing him , demanding acknowledgement but Justin was too scared to turn around . He was afraid that Andrew might hear his pulse and bite him right on the spot . He was scared of the other , for obvious reasons .

" Look at me when I'm talking to you ."Andrew commanded and Justin obliged . He turned around slowly , looking anywhere but at the vampire .

" Can I help you with something ?" Justin squeaked out , his eyes glued to the floor .

" Why won't you look at me ?"

"..."

Justin pinched his brows together . Andrew's voice had gotten softer now , like he was trying to coax him . It made Justin look up to find hazel eyes staring back at him . It was the first time seeing the boy up close and he had to admit that Andrew was undeniably handsome . Elle was right all along when she said he was hot . Justin swallowed the lump inside his throat and licked his dry lips . He did that a lot when he found himself in situations like these .

Andrew was looking down on him , studying him intensely . After a few seconds of observation , the tall boy smiled and patted Justin's shoulders as if trying to ease the tension . But Justin was still wary of him .

" I don't bite ." Andrew said , earning a scoff from the shorter boy .

" Yeah right . "

" Do you hate me Justin ?"

" Maybe I should be asking you the same question . You're the one who attacked me !"

" And I want to apologise for that , let me make it up to you ." Andrew said sincerely .

" Fuck no ! I don't want you near me ."

" You heard what he said so fuck off !" Elle yelled from where she was walking . She was walking in quick strides , trying to shield Justin away from the other boy .

Andrew didn't say anything and lifted his hands up in surrender . He looked at Elle with dangerous eyes before smiling broadly and leaving the two friends in peace . 

Elle was quick to stand by his side to examine his face and neck for any signs of injuries . But Justin insisted that he was okay . Elle nodded her head before looking at where Andrew was talking to his friends .

" Damn I hate him so much ." Elle commented .

" He's not so bad though ."

" What ?! Are you kidding me , he's a lot worse . Don't get friendly with him  . It's all just an act , Andrew is a literal animal . He doesn't care about anyone but himself . "

" He seemed like he was genuine with me . "

" Yeah , that's what he does . He's really good at pretending so don't fall for it . "

" And you just might want to turn around ." Justin stated .

" Why ?" Elle asked worriedly .

" It's Beau . He's coming this way ."

" Oh shit ... " Elle whispered as she slowly turned her head to the approaching figure .

Beau didn't even spare her a glance as he passed right besides them . The said boy was looking straight ahead , his head held high as he strode the hallway with his powerful aura .

Justin blinked twice before looking at Elle who was going the opposite way . He frowned and decided to run after her .

" Elle what's wrong ?"

" Nothing ."

Oh ?