Chapter 27 : Makeover

" I know right ? It's really crazy how oblivious he is ... I mean he does have a mirror so why is it so hard to see what's in front of him ?"

" Maybe he doesn't see it like we can ."

" The fuck are you talking about Tip , it's so obvious !"

" Keep your voice down ."

" Okay but I think we should tell him the truth , he deserves to know ."

" Stop trying to be the hero Elle , no one needs to know anything . The truth will reveal itself when the time is right ."

" When exactly is that ? Time is not on anybody's side and you should know that better than I do . So much is happening around us and the clock is ticking . I'd hate myself if he finds out while we're in the middle of war . It would kill him ."

" War you say ?"

" Yes Tip and you better make sure he's aware of everything or else you'll lose him for real ."

Tip was laying flat on the bed with Elle next to him . They had been engrossed in their own conversation that they disregarded Connor's presence . They were talking in hushed whispers so that no one could eavesdrop in their conversation and fortunately for them , Connor dismissed their weird behavior . Elle was frustratingly pulling at her hair at her best friend's stoicism . She had the urge to smack him on the face , maybe he'll feel something but she wasn't that kind of person . She believed in talking things out .

The vampire was in the middle of looking through Justin's adorable baby pictures . He was well aware that Elle and Top were discussing something important but he chose to ignore them . He wasn't interested in the lastest scoop , all he wanted was to spend time with Lucian . But the boy had been ignoring him ever since that day . Connor was feeling like he was the one to blame because if he hadn't moved so quick  , none of this would be happening .

" What are we waiting for ?" Justin said while stepping out of the bathroom ."Let's go to the party already !"

  Connor was deep inside his thoughts when Justin interrupted them with his enthusiastically loud voice . Everyone looked at him dully when he flapped his non-existent wings . Justin was very excited about going to his first party that he paid no attention to the stares he was receiving . He couldn't care less if he looked ridiculous in their eyes .

" What are you wearing ?"  Elle spoke first .

" Have you been to an actual party before ?"

" It's not Halloween Justin ."

Justin looked down at his outfit before shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly . He didn't see anything wrong with it . He thought he looked stylish with his black shirt , matching jeans and an orange cape . The cape was just an afterthought to fit in with his friends . It was almost like a symbolism of his new life with his new friends .

" What's wrong with my outfit ?"

"..."

" Dude you're wearing a cape ." Connor said monotonously .

" So what ?" Justin sassed .

" You don't wear those things on a high school party , it's not Halloween yet . "

" Tip what do you think of the cape ?" Justin decided to address his boyfriend because the boy's opinion mattered the most .

" I think it looks good on you ."

" Wouldn't you rather see me without it ?"

" I'd rather see you without anything covering you up ."