Chaper 23 : Boys

James sighed and checked his watch for the third time that afternoon . Justin said it'll only take him 5 minutes to get there but he was standing there for more than an hour . He was starting to his patience as he scanned around the parking lot . His green eyes immediately stopped on a car that was parked further away from his .

The car had tinted black windows so it was hard telling if there was anybody inside the machine . James squinted his green eyes for a better look but to no avail , he couldn't see through the black windows . He could only assume that the car was vacant and its owner was still in the school building . Perhaps the car belongs to a teacher .

He shrugged his shoulders in a bored manner before leaning against his car . He could hear indistinctive voices coming from afar but chose to ignore it . He was so tired from working late hours yesterday , his mind was too tired to react in any way .

" Why the fuck did you do that !" someone yelled from somewhere near .

" Don't yell at me ."

" Do you have a fucking death wish ?!"

James stood erect , his ears on alert at the piercing voice that belonged to a female . He looked around frantically , his hand instinctively reaching for his waist but before he could grab his weapon two figures made an appearance . They were both coming out  from the school building . James studied them as they took long strides towards the isolated car .

The girl with blonde hair was walking ahead with a small boy following behind . The boy's freckled face was red and wet from crying . James watched as the girl opened the door to the driver's side before throwing herself in and banging the door . She was seemingly pissed at something and judging by the boy's regretful face , he was the cause of her sour mood .

The boy was about to open the door but his big doe eyes locked onto James . His mouth was slightly parted as he gawked at the taller man . James felt self conscious when the boy eyed him like that . He could feel the hairs on his arm standing up at the attention . Before he could confront the boy about it , someone cleared their throat from beside him .

James animatedly turned his head to the side to be met with a pair of green eyes . He laughed nervously before scratching his head . Justin was looking at him like he was a weirdo and he couldn't blame the boy . He had been too busy engrossed in a stranger that he didn't notice that Justin and his friend had arrived . 

" What were you staring at ?" Justin said after a long moment of observation .

" I was just looking at that beautiful car . I'm thinking of buying it. " James lied effortlessly .

He could let Justin know that he was staring at that boy . It would sound suspicious and he did not want to be on Justin's bad side . He needed to win the boy over . 

James turned his attention back to where the strange boy had stood but he found the spot empty . The car was gone as well and it was only them that were left in the lot .

" You're distracted ." Justin said as he made his way to the passenger side .

" I'm just really tired , I didn't get a wink of sleep last night ." James answered tiredly .

" Oh , and what were you doing ? Having fun with my mom ?" the boy sassed .

" No , I was working ."

Justin rolled his eyes and climbed inside the car . He was about reach for his seatbelt when he remembered that Tip was there too . He looked out his window to beckon the boy to get inside but Tip wasn't looking at him . Justin stopped himself midway and looked at his boyfriend with a bored face .