Chapter 11

A few minutes later my work was finally over and keeping everything away I got ready to go to the bakery with Khun Vegas.
By the time I reached down, he had already taken the car out and was waiting for me.

" Come fast. " He said opening the door for me. After I sat down he closed the door and going to the other side, sat down on the driving seat.

" I can do it. " I said holding the seatbelt. But still he helped me to strap it and finally started driving.

" How did you find out about the shop? " I asked looking at him, curious about how did he know about it as it hadn't been much time since he had come back.

" I looked it up on google. The reviews were really good, people seemed to love the place. " He said focusing on the road.

" Um...why did you do that though? " I asked nervously not knowing what answer to expect.

" For you ofcourse. Who else would I do that for? " He said shifting his gaze towards me.

Maybe a part of me did want to hear that answer since a sense of happiness filled me as soon as I heard that.

" If this is dream...I hope it never ends. " I prayed hoping for the moments to never end. I was hoping for us to stay together forever, happily ever after, completely oblivious to the storm that was awaiting us.
_______________________________

The bakery was a little far away from the house as he had said. It was a small one, neither too extravagant looking nor too shabby. It was a cozy place with a homely atmosphere and light decorations.
It belonged to an old couple and they were the most welcoming people I had ever seen.
As soon as we entered the bakery, they greeted us with a smile and even gave us cupcakes to try.

" What fine young men you two are. " The old lady said smiling at us.

" Are you two dating? " Her husband said while packing our order.

" Uhm...no...we are not. " I said nervously while stealing little glances of Khun Vegas.

" We're not? " Khun Vegas said with fake shock in a dramatic tone.

But then chuckled and repeated what I had just said but still probably couldn't help but mess with me.

" No...we're not...yet dating. " He said looking over towards me with a teasing smile.

I blushed hearing that and the old couple giggled seeing my shy self.

" Ah...you two should date. You two would make a really good couple, I can feel it. Trust me. " The old lady said as she handed over our order.

" Being in love is the greatest feeling in the world. I can see the love between you two, as expected, seeing young people in love always brings back so many good memories of the past. " The old lady said reminiscing about the days when both of them were young, full of energy and so in love.
I was surrounded by quite a happy feeling and wanted to see if Khun Vegas was feeling the same as well.
But when I looked towards him, contrary to what I had thought, he had a gloomy expression on. It was as if he was feeling bothered by something, but before I could ask him anything about that, he fixed his expression and grabbed my hand to leave the bakery.

" I think we should be going now. We'll drop by again sometime soon. It was nice meeting you two. " He said smiling at them and they both smiled back as well while waving back at us till we were out of there.

" Let's go back fast so we sit down peacefully and finish these. " He said with a forced smile, looking real enough to fool anyone who didn't know him really. But as someone who had seen his real smile, I could discern the difference between the two without any problem.
But seeing how he was deliberately not bringing it up if something had upset him by keeping a smiling face, I couldn't get myself to ask him about that.