Chapter 16

I drove to his house as fast as I could, as fast as the physical limits permitted me to and after one of the most excruciating 8 minutes of my whole life, I reached in front of his house and jumped out of my car, completely impatient to see him again.

In such dire times, etiquettes like knocking had long left my mind and barging into the house, I immediately ran to that unfortunate room that had once taken my pete away from me.

I slam opened the door and in front of me was standing - Pete - my lost lover - the love of my life, alive and breathing! As my eyes moved down from his face I noticed him holding a noose in his hands.
Anxiousness clouded my mind as the memories of Pete's dead body flashed through my eyes and in the split of a second, I snatched it from his hand and threw it out of the window with as much force as I could use.

" Why did you do that?!! Why are you here?! Why can't you just leave me alone?! " Pete said in disbelief as soon as I reverted my gaze towards him.

" Pete..." My eyes welled him seeing him as the longing in my heart, to touch him, to kiss him, to treasure him for the rest of my life started growing more and more.

But cutting in, he snapped at me for everything I had done.

" Do not say a word! Why are you even here?! Because you were bored?! Because you wanted to use me a little more?! Is that why you are here?! " He said as he sneered at me.

" Pete that's not it..." I tried to explain but was again cut off mid-sentence.

" Vegas...I am not some toy! I have feelings too! This may just be the source of entertainment to you, but it's different for me! Please...I beg of you! Please stop tormenting me...please stop giving me false hopes...please stop with your lies...I can't take it anymore...I can't..." Pete voice faded towards the end as he broke down and started crying infront of me, breaking my heart a thousand times.

What have I done to his precious smile?
Guilt started filling me again as the images of his smiling face kept appearing in front of my eyes.

" Pete I- " I tried to go near him to console him but was immediately stopped.

" Stay back! " Pete screamed as he took out a pocket knife and pointed it at me.

" Do not dare to come near. " He said hatefully threatening to stab me but that barely mattered to me anymore.

I kept forwarding towards him hoping to calm him down by any means possible but before I could do anything he caught hold of my weak point.

" I don't think this will affect you, but if you dare to take even a single step more towards me I will stab myself immediately. " He said pointing the knife towards himself.

" NO! " I screamed instantly, terrified by his words.
The fear rose into my eyes making my spine shiver. Even the thought of losing him again made me tremble in terror.

" Please don't! Pete I beg you! Please...don't do this. " I begged him as tears started to roll down my face.
Kneeling down in front of him I clasped both of my hands together and begged him not to leave me alone again.

" Please pete...don't do this...I can't even think of living without you anymore! Please please throw away the knife...please pete I beg of you! " The intensity of my tears grew with each word as my voice kept fading from the fear.
I could see it in Pete's eyes that he was finding it difficult to hold his ground as well but was probably scared of trusting me again.

" It's already late Vegas...you can't change my mind anymore. Just think of me as one of your infatuations that disappeared somewhere in the darkness. Don't beg infront of me now, it won't change anything..." Pete said while looking at me with sadness visible on his face.