Chapter 27

Pete's POV:

"You son of a b*tch!" I said bitterly through my clenched teeth to which he had the audacity to laugh.

"Cool down there. Our judgement often gets clouded when we are angry." He said as if he was some saint giving a sermon. Those words sounded way too ironic coming out of his mouth.

"Oh! You don't know how much I would love to have my sanity clouded right now. Because then I would be able to slaughter you without any guilt!" I said, my throat aching with the bloodthirst.

"Ah what a fierce little child! How scary!!~" He said trying to piss me off even more. My knuckles were cracking, urging me to land atleast one punch on his face but I had to restrain myself with all my might.

"Hand me the things." I said, not wanting to continue the conversation for even a moment longer.

"Got the money?" He asked with a smirk.

"Um hm" I nodded.

As per the deal, he brought out a small cartoon filled with a number of things.

"Everything I ever had of your mae is in here. Take it and give me the money." He said pushing it towards me.

I immediately snatched it away from him and handed him the briefcase. I was a little sceptic about the contents but the moment I saw the very first item, I was about to break down into tears. It was an earring that I had gifted to her years ago. Even though it was pretty cheap, mae had always adored it since it was a gift from me but all of a sudden she had stopped wearing that, no wonder it had disappeared. Phaw must have thought it had some high materialistic value after seeing mae take such good care of it.

Right after seeing the first item, I diverted my gaze since I didn't want him to see the vulnerable side of me.

"Now that the deal's done, I should get going." I said and turned around to leave the place but was stopped by him.

"Ah! What's the hurry?" He said in a sinister voice making me turn around. But before I could say or do anything, a number of men marched out of the forest and binding my limbs, completely blocked my nose and mouth with a piece of cloth.

I tried to thrash about to release myself but eventually my head started feeling heavy and slowly the world around me started going blur and dim before I passed into a dark tunnel of nothingness.

Pete's POV ends.

Third person POV:

A while later:

Pete's eyes flinched and he opening them slowly, blinked a few number of times to adjust his vision with the surroundings. The sharp headache was killing him but the moment he remembered the past events, the headache didn't seem to be a problem anymore.

"You as*holes!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!" He screamed, thrashing about in the chair, trying to free his hands.

"Oh look! The sleeping beauty finally got up" An unfamiliar voice echoed in his ears followed by a very familiar snicker.

"Who...?" His eyebrows furrowed as if failed to recognize who the owner of the voice was.

"Ah! You don't know me" he said sounding pretty absurd to Pete.

"Then why the fu*k have you kept me tied up here?" Pete screamed.

"Because...you are the little kid that vegas loves!" He said enthusiastically.

"What connection do you have with him?" Pete asked sceptically.

"Oh I would say a rather close bond of hatred. I despise him to his guts, but he loves you to death, then doesn't that make you the perfect person to use if I want to harm him?" He said and pete couldn't counter it. He knew whatever he said was true but was unable to do anything.