Chapter 29

A bright light entered my eyes making me stir in my sleep and shut my eyes tightly because of the prickly sensation.

"He's waking up!" I heard someone say. I definitely had heard the voice before but I couldn't remember where.

I could feel like there were a number of eyes fixated on me and hence I opened my eyes finally to see what the commotion was all about.

My senses were all feeling partially numb and my body was all sore. I looked around the light blue room and registered the details about it, the small machine beeping beside me, the medicated smell of a hospital room, and a few curious eyes looking directly at me from a distance.

I was definitely in a hospital but what for? Just as I was wondering about what even was going on, memories of the previous day started pouring into my desolate mind increasing my anxiousness with each piece of information.

"Pete?! Pete! Where's he?! Let me go!" I said as I tried to get down on my foot and remove the various needles pierced into my skin but was immediately stopped by Khun.

"Stop! This is not a movie that you can walk out whenever you want! I am in no mood to hold a funeral for you, so if you die after detaching the monitoring machines, just know that I am going to throw your dead body into the river!" He threatened me and made me sit back down.

I kept staring at him blankly not knowing how to protest anymore. He sighed seeing me look so clueless and proceeded to give me the information I was so craving for.

"Pete is fine. Just unconscious." He said.

"Khun how do you...?" I asked. Even though maybe I was being too obvious I had not expected him to notice so easily.

"Oah? How do I know? Well isn't it obvious? You both practically stay in each other's room, look completely lost when separated from each other and you followed him to the warehouse as well, it would take some special talent to not notice such obvious things." He said and smiled.

"But honestly what a bad taste in men!" Khun said.

"I love him! And he is the best person I have come across! The love of my life!" I said vehemently protesting against his claims.

" I was talking about Pete's taste in men" He said in a slightly teasing tone, looking at me up and down as if judging me heavily.

"Too bad but you are wrong. Pete has got quite a good taste you know" I said acting boastful.

"Ehhh really?" He said looking completely doubtful.

"Yes. Well, pete likes huge things, and I...happen to have a huge bank balance, a huge heart and a huge..." I signalled towards my lower abdominal area and winked at him in a playful way.

"Oih! Too much information!" He said, waved his hand in the air and left the room to call back the nurse. Khun always had a special talent in not only lifting everyone's mood but also putting people in their places, ofcourse both were reserved for those who deserved it.

After I was given a few medications, the doctor finally allowed me to visit pete and without wasting a second more, I dashed into his room.

Tears welled up in my eyes upon seeing him lying unconscious, surrounded by the medical equipments and somewhere in some corner of my heart, I was blaming myself for his such condition. Maybe I wasn't reliable enough for him, maybe that was why he tried to do everything on his own without taking my help, maybe I was still not enough, maybe none of my actions could still make him trust me, maybe I really am not good enough for him.

A number of questions clouded my mind, and a strand of my heart broke with each question that my brain brought up to make me doubt myself.

But breaking the string of thoughts, pete woke up, pulling me out of the trance.