10

includes Aurora's backstory, secrets and curiosity.

"In 1859, I started helping my father as a nurse.", Aurora explained. Jasper listened to her, remembering every word. "We lived in Paris that time. I wasn't an adult yet. I hated seeing the patients hurt and had to look away when they died. After I became 18, my father died and I took his place. He was the only one I had left. It was hard for me to see all these deaths and that I couldn't save them. But I got used to it after time." She stopped for a second and stared out at the forest. "In 1862, I got infected by a deadly sickness. Quickly I became the patient. I'm not sure what happened, but before I died, a vampire bit me. I never knew who." Her head moved down and she clutched her hands together. "I woke up and killed everyone in the village. I was a newborn, of course I did. But quickly I realized what I did was wrong. Then I met Carlsile."

Jasper was amazed by the woman's history. Before he could say something, she continued. "Carlsile didn't only help me with my bloodlust, but also with my power. I had no control over it. I teleported every second when I got overwhelmed or scared, and when I became angry or sad, I completely lost control. I was able to destroy whole lands with only one single wave and killed everyone." He felt sadness coming from her. She hated her past. "That's why they call you the Devil's Advocate." She nodded.

"I'm curious, Jasper, what is your backstory?"