16

includes a trip to a greenhouse and school buses.

"We should get going.", Jasper's voice filled her ear. Aurora sighed quietly, lazily drawing patterns on his shoulder with the book still in her hands, "Yeah, I know." The male vampire smiled to himself, running a cold hand through Aurora's hair. "Let's go then." The blonde perked up, shifting herself so that both of her legs were around Jasper's waist, straddling him. "I don't want to go." Jasper laughed, lifting the woman off him with ease and setting her down beside him. The blonde man rose to his feet, standing beside their couch. He raised an eyebrow at her, arms crossed across his chest as they stared each other down. Aurora shook her head, throwing her right arm over her eyes and groaning. "Fine, you win. At least let me have a few minutes first." Before he could ask, she answered his unspoken question for him, "Human minutes."
"As you wish", The male vampire smiled in victory, watching as the girl stumbled from the couch, her hair a wild mess and her sweatshirt and pants crooked. Jasper smiled at her grogginess, thinking that he would love to see her wake up beside him every morning for the rest of her life.
Aurora entered the bathroom, wide eyes looking at the bird nest she called hair. "That damn motherfucker." The girl rolled her eyes, because she knew exactly that he was the one that defaced her hair. She turned on the shower, ripping a brush through her hair as she did so.
It didn't take Aurora long to shower and she was out in five minutes. Normally she would have been faster, but did it extra slow in hope the time would fly and she wouldn't have to go on the trip. The woman wrapped a towel around herself and walked into Jasper's room. Aurora saw Jasper lounging on his couch, dressed in new clothes. "Are you taking extra long?", he asked. "Yes, and do you have an idea what to wear?" Jasper's melodic chuckle graced her ears. "I imagine jeans and a sweatshirt with a coat would be fine." In a second the female vampire was by his closet, taking out clothes from him. "You gonna stay in here while I change or are you leaving?"
"Well, personally I'd like to stay in here and watch, but I feel like that's not really an option." The blonde woman simply rolled her eyes, walking into the bathroom again to change.

~~~

"I think he's asking her out to prom.", Aurora said as she and the Cullens watched Bella talking to another guy. "Edward's getting jealous.", Emmett laughed out. "Oh my god, he just did." "And she rejected him." Before they could say anything else, the teacher called for them to speed up. "Ok, let's go." The group walked to the bus and stepped inside. Out of reflex Jasper sat down next to Aurora. She smiled at the reaction. They didn't tell the others what happened yet, even Edward didn't spill and they were thankful for that.

The bus started and the ride should take about a half hour. Aurora packed out her headphones and gave one bud Jasper, who took it smiling. She scrolled through her music and thought of what they could listen to. "What do you like?" "I'm okay with anything. You have a good taste.", he said and closed his eyes. "Hm, okay." Her finger clicked on 'Daylight' by David Kushner. She closed her eyes too and took his hand and interwined it with hers. She knew Jasper still had problems around humans, that's why she took out her headphones and held his hand. She cared about him. Out of comfort she rested her head on his shoulder. He lifted his arm and laid it around her and moved her more to him.

"Hey! Do you hav- Oh.", Alice said as she turned around and looked over her seat, that was infront of Jaspers. They weren't sleeping, of course, but they rested. "Emmet, look.", she spoke to Emmet, who was next to Rosalie in the other seat row. "Oh my god." "Do you think they're together?", Rosalie asked, clearly was happy about them. "I have no idea." "Guys, did you forgot we can hear you?", Aurora asked, but didn't open her eyes. "Oh, yep, continue whatever you're doing." They turned all around again, but looked over their shoulder once again, a smile forming on their faces.

The group of teenagers walked through the grenhouse while the teacher talked. Jasper held a flower for Aurora to take in his hands, who took it smiling. Her arm was linked into his as they walked past Eric and the teacher making composttea. "What are we?", she asked, not looking at him. "Hm, I would say you are my mate." A smile formed on Aurora's face and she turned her head to him. "Then you are mine too, cowboy." She placed a small kiss on his cheek before they continued walking.

 They stepped out the greenhouse and walked to the bus, where Bella was standing with Edward. "Hey, are you gonna be riding with us?", Aurora asked as she approached them, trying to have an assuring smile on her face. "No, our bus is full.", Edward said harshly and stepped in. Aurora rolled her eyes at the man. "Don't be so rude, Edward.", she said before stepping inside the bus with Jasper behind her.