S E V E N

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Chapter Seven: To Kill A Mockingbird

Warning: angst, mental play, violence

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

HIS deep chuckled resonated around them. It was utterly silent, making Nathan's stomach swirl. Before he could hear the commotion under them, but now, he could only hear his ragged breaths, and the man's voices.

"You're a smartass, just like your sister," He said.

"Where's Akeldama?" Nathan asked, his voice firm.

"She's being taken care of," The man simply replied.

Taken care of? What the hell was that supposed to mean? The thought of something happening to her made his heart ram against his chest, his stomach flipping. He felt like he was about to throw up.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" He growled.

"I haven't killed her, if that's what you're so afraid of," The man chuckled. "Though, she is probably wishing death upon herself as we speak."

The bullet cut through the thick fog, creating a hole beside the man's head. Nathan flexed his fingers around the weapon, a slow exhale passing over his lips. His gaze hardened.

"Where is she?"

"Your bond as siblings is very odd," The man began, walking around the boy. Nathan turned to follow him, never allowing the man out of his sight.

"Is that so?"

"You've tried many times to kill each other, but as soon as one of you are in danger, the other leaps to save them," He hummed. "Tell me, what would happen if one of you succeeded in killing one another?"

"Aki and I have disagreements," He said. "But we would never kill each other."

Nathan's eyes flashed to the side as he vanished from in front of him. His grip tightened on his weapon. He took a step back, his gaze gliding through the thick fog.

"Really?"

Nathan jumped. His voice had become so clear, almost as if it were inside of his head. No. It was.

"Isn't it true that you were the one to cause Akeldama's death in the first place?"

He watched as the fog in front of him began to slowly dissipate. As it began to clear, his eyes landed upon a figure laying a few meters ahead of him. His eyes widened.

She lay on her side, her back to him, unmoving. His felt his heart sink into the deep pits of his stomach at the blood that pooled under her. He slowly began to move forward, quicking breaking into a sprint.