Mizukawa Village: Arriving

SUMMARY

SUMMARY

Muichiro is sent on a mission to protect a village named "Mizukawa".

      Muichiro was just getting ready to settle down for a good night's rest when he heard a soft tapping at his window. Curious, he got up and peered outside to see none other than his trusty crow companion, Ginko, perched on the windowsill. Muichiro knew something was up; Ginko only came to him when there was a specific mission to be carried out or tummy rubs.

"Ginko, what is it?" Muichiro asked, leaning in closer to the crow. His body was begging to sleep but he couldn't ignore Ginko.

"I have a message from master, Ubuyashiki," Ginko said, blinking her long, beautiful eyelashes.

Muichiro's face went sulking. He had never acted such a way towards master orders, but he was definitely tired. A direct message from the Demon Slayer Corps' master isn't a joke. "What does he need me to do?" he asked, a little breathlessly.

Ginko hopped off the windowsill and flapped her wings, indicating for Muichiro to follow him outside. Muichiro nodded in confirmation before grabbing his uniform out the closet. He would wear his pajamas but what if master had a mission for him to do. The two of them made their way towards Master's palace. The crow and the hashira welcomed themselves.

As they made their way through the dense hallways, Muichiro couldn't shake the feeling of unease that washed over him. Ginko must have sensed his anxiety and perched on his shoulder, offering him some comfort.

Eventually, they arrived. The was the master of the Demon Slayer Corps himself, Kagaya Ubuyashiki.

"Muichiro, thank you for coming," Ubuyashiki said, his voice soft and kind.

"What do you need me to do, master?" Muichiro bowed.

Ubuyashiki held out a small box, and Ginko swooped down from Muichiro's shoulder to pick it up. The crow brought the box back to Muichiro, and he opened it to reveal a tiny vial filled with a deep, shimmering blue liquid.

"This is a special medicine made from rare herbs found only in the deepest, darkest parts of the forest. It can act as a charm of power." Ubuyashiki explained. "It is also a gift."

Muichiro nodded, impressed by the power of the medicine he held in his hands.

"But it must be used sparingly," Ubuyashiki continued. "There are only a few doses in that vial, and they must be saved for only the most dire situations. I trust you to carry this with you and to use it wisely. I've already gave the other hashira their vitals."

Muichiro nodded again, understanding the weight of the task he had been given. He tucked the vial safely into his pack and promised to keep it safe until the day came when it was needed. He bowed in respect again.