Unrevealing Determination: Tanjiro and Inosuke.

SUMMARY

SUMMARY

Inosuke talks to Tanjiro. Muichiro remembers.

The surroundings are breathtakingly lovely, which enhances the feeling of peace and quiet in the situation. The river flows lazily, its crystal-clear water glistening in the warm moonlight. The surrounding area is decorated with tall trees, vibrant wildflowers, and greenery. The air is filled with the calming sounds of nature as birds sing gracefully in the distance.

Tanjiro sits by the riverbank, his knees drawn up to his chest as he gazes at the flowing water. He clutches a small pebble in his hand, lost in thought as he remembers his dear friend Muichiro.

He's helped Mitsuri. He would like to say Obanai but they didn't even make eye contact. He talked to Giyuu. Genya told him about the wind hashira. Gyomei seems to be more sensitive. Shinobu won't even speak of it. He's helped the hashiras and even his friends to the best of his ability.

Just as Tanjiro starts to find a moment of peace, a rustling noise behind him startles him. Before he can react, Inosuke appears out of nowhere, his wild boar mask hiding his face. He grins mischievously, clearly amused by Tanjiro's surprise.

"Hey, Tanjuro!" Inosuke says, mispronouncing Tanjiro's name in his usual playful manner. "What are you doing here all alone?"

Tanjiro lets out a nervous laugh, his heart still racing from the sudden scare. "It's Tanjiro, Inosuke," he corrects gently, smiling despite himself. "And I was just... thinking."

Inosuke plops down beside him. He peers at the river with curiosity, seemingly unbothered by the gravity of the situation. "What you thinking about?"

"Tokito"

"Who?"

"He's... a hashira.."

"Can I fight him?"

"If you could, he would beat you.''

"Where is he! He can't take on the king of the mountains!"

Tanjiro sighed. "He's dead."

Inosuke goes quiet. He mumbles an oh before he decides to scoot closer to Tanjiro.

...

"I used to think death was just a part of life, something that happened and couldn't be changed," Inosuke says, his voice a little gruff. "But when I met you, kamaboko, everything changed. You showed me that life isn't just about surviving, but about living and caring for others." Tanjiro stared at him. Was Inosuke really talking about his feelings? This has to be a joke.