Unraveling Determination: Shinobu, Obanai, Misturi.

SUMMARY

SUMMARY

Tanjiro notices a change in the Hashiras.

The news of Muichiro's passing spread throughout the corps, and a somber atmosphere settled over the current hashiras. The loss of their young comrade reminded them all of the dangers they faced as demon slayers and the sacrifices they had to make.

Tanjiro wasn't oblivious to the news.

He noticed a change in Shinobu. During his recovery from the battle against uppermoon four. Aoi and Shinobu were taking care of him. The usual scent of anger Shinobu admitted was more dominated by one of sadness.

"Kochou, is something wrong?" Tanjiro asked. Shinobu made eye contact with the boy. She shook her head "no" before leaving the room. His eye brows furrowed. It's only him and Aoi now. "Did something happen?" He asked another question. The girl sighed. She went close to Tanjiro's face and whispered. "This is a very sensitive matter." Tanjiro nodded "What is it?" She became nervous and almost backed down from saying anything.

"It's about Muichiro... I'm sorry, but he's... he's dead." She paused. "Shinobu isn't taking it well. It's hard on her especially after the loss of the flame pillar."

Tanjiro felt his stomach drop and heart shatter. He stared in horror as Aoi dropped the news. " I can't believe it... we just became friends, and now he's gone..."

"I wish it weren't true. He was on a mission, against uppermoon one, and it didn't end well. I'm so sorry, Tanjiro." Tanjiro struggled to process the news. He laid in bed in complete shock. Aoi rung out a cloth and placed it on Tanjiro's swollen cheek. "I know it's hard to accept, but I thought you should know. Muichiro was a strong and brave warrior, but sometimes things don't go as planned. I'm here if you need someone to talk to." Aoi stood up and grabbed the bucket beside her. She took her leave.

"Thank you, Aoi. I appreciate you telling me. Muichiro was a good person, and I'm going to miss him."

Aoi just hummed before shutting the door behind her.

Death isn't a new topic for the oldest Kamado but it isn't one he handles well. Losing his father at a young age let him know that death is something everyone is destined to go through no matter the cause. Although he couldn't process his father's death, he focused on his grieving mother and siblings. He was the man of the house now.

But when his entire family died it was hard to cope with. He didn't know how to. Nezuko was there, sure, but she could barely communicate or comprehend what just happened. He was alone.