Part 11

"General, If I may, I don't think it would be a good idea to pull Snap into this" spoke Rex, care flooding the legendary captain's voice. In recent months things had gone array with the 501st. Commander Tano had chosen to leave the Jedi Order following being falsely accused and put on trial for a crime she hadn't committed. She'd explained her reasoning when visiting (Y/N), and both women were determined to keep their friendship going. After that Umbara had been cruel, to say the least, Pong Krell had been just as reckless with (Y/N)'s life as he had been with the troopers he dismissed so easily. There had been other nasty battles in between and so many troopers had been lost.

Recently something happened with Tup. He'd seemingly shot another Jedi General at point-blank range, all while in a trance-like state and muttering the same four words over and over. Good Soldiers Follow Orders. He'd been easily tackled and dragged away to safety by Fives when all were ordered to retreat. At first, Tup aggressively refused to allow anyone near him, even his brothers, Snap had been the first he'd not tried to attack, instead, he mentioned nightmares to her. After that he'd allowed Rex, Kix, and Fives to enter the small cell he was kept in, he recognized them as brothers again rather than traitors to the emperor. Shortly after General Skywalker had entered the room, Tup seemed almost normal but confused about what was happening, displaying no memory of what happened or what he'd done. Although his aggressive side had returned the moment another Jedi General had come into view. Shortly after he began to mutter the four words on repeat again. Good Soldiers Follow Orders.

Things had only taken a turn for the worst upon the decision being made to send Tup back to Kamino. The Seperatist suddenly seemed interested in getting their hands on Tup, they'd been successful at first, but so was the rescue mission Rex, Fives, and Anakin launched to retrieve the disorientated trooper. After which Fives had requested to escort Tup back to Kamino. If only Rex knew that was the last time he'd see Fives before everything went off the rails.

"We've just got Snap back to how she was. Throwing her into the middle of this will push her back to square one" voiced Rex with concern lacing through his voice. At the same time, the great captain understood why his general had suggested bringing Snap along. She had a connection with all clones few others had. Not to mention she was likely the only one who knew for sure where Fives was and could tell if he'd suffered a mental break as the Kaminoans were claiming.

"I understand that Rex. But we need (Y/N)'s help if this is going to be solved with the best outcome" simply responded Anakin, his own concern alight in his icy eyes. He was already unsure about everything, even more so with the Chancellor claiming Fives had attempted to assassinate him. There was no doubt there was a certain danger, but Snap was the only one all involved, including Fives, trusted to be neutral ground in the whole mess. The only one who could truly get to the bottom of everything with the needed swiftness and kindness.

"I'll find her, let her know everything on the way to the rendezvous point" solemnly commented Rex before turning on his heels and leaving. The feeling of dread, gripped him as he thought about all the hardships faced during the war, all the brothers lost. All the battles were put before them all as the odds built up against them. Public opinion had only gotten worse the longer the war had stretched on, even members of the Jedi turned on them, as fellow clones began to defect and question orders. Slowly it appeared things were falling apart, but what scared Rex most was the republic wasn't falling apart on the battlefield but in the very constitute meant to help the people. The Senate.

As to be expected, Rex had found (Y/N) catching up on forgotten paperwork, she'd been in her office ignoring Octavius's existence as was the norm. She'd been so engrossed in her work and ignoring the cryptographer, she hadn't noticed Rex enter until he'd cleared his throat to gain her attention. Her friendly smile faded the moment her eyes landed on him, almost as if she knew something was out of place or something bad was about to happen.