Chapter 33 - Tara

Sleeping against two hundred pounds of warm, raw muscle was comfortable when Jesse shaped her to his body and gave up feeling in his arm so she had a pillow, but the grass was not. And she had to pee. Badly. Tara lifted Jesse's hand and set in at his side. He didn't move, completely dead to the world. That made sense since he'd been barely alive as it was and then tossed into a fight for their lives before preparing to off himself and then having sex with her. Plus, it was early afternoon by the sun's height, and Tara was surprised she'd slept at all. The exhaustion from ghosts diving in and then ejecting themselves and the euphoria from Jesse all over her had don't the trick.

Standing took a few tries.

Without Jesse wrapped around her, it was chilly next to the lake, and it ached right where she knew it should as she wobbled a few steps. Oh man this week was gonna be fun. She traversed a few paces from Jesse and stopped when she hit a patch of normal grass. She didn't realize it was normal until she took a step back and noticed the ground buzzing under her feet. There was a thin coating of dark magic rolling to a few feet around them, and she realized as she examined the grass that it was a tiny bug zapper. Even in his sleep, Jesse had made sure she was comfortable.

Man, they did not deserve each other.

With a contended breath, she skipped around a few trees until she found a shallow flat part of the lake. It collided with a stream, and she found a spot that flowed down river to tinkle. She thought about it for a few minutes but eventually used some of the water to wash herself off, ignoring what tiny microorganisms were in it as she slunk back to find her clothes and ruin the edges of the inside of her pants to dry herself. She was hungry enough to eat a horse, but she doubted any of these fish were jumping out into a fire.

"Tara Viewford." That voice sent a shiver down her back that was completely unrelated to the cold.

"Tanya," Tara growled as she sat in the grass and cross her legs only so the women couldn't staring at any more of her naked parts than she could help.

"Relax, human. I didn't see whatever you did in the woods." A knowing smirk spread on her plump, dark lips, and Tara rolled her eyes. "Jesse's a passionate lover. I don't need to watch him take you to know that. I'm merely here to say goodbye."

"Is that why you have pants?" Tara eyed the ivory fabric that ran to Tanya's feet with glee that she didn't have to see any pubes today, but Tanya's top was the same, squishing those malt balls so tight they might crack.

"Ha," Tanya said with a small smile that surprised Tara with how antagonistic it wasn't. "All of this fighting to preserve your world just so I could see into it showed me that I am not of it anymore. I have much to sort through before I am ready for the peace Vincent Arc has accepted, but waiting garners me nothing. When I go into the void this time, I will not be returning."