chapter 14- Starting Fires And Friendships

Chapter 14

It was getting dark, so we stopped, where we stopped was very open, but the forest was nearby.

"You know how to start a fire right?" he asked making me roll my eyes. 

"Of course, I do" I lie, I've never had to make a fire.

"Great I'll go find dinner" he said making me nod. shit. 

"Wait.... what if more of those come" i say scared a little

"Then kill it" he told me while walking off.

"What- wait dean" i tried but it was no use, he had no care if i was dead or not, i was just catching a ride. and he knew that. now i needed to figure out how to make a fire. 

..............................................

it's been a while and dean hasn't been back making me nervous, this was a bad idea. if he dies, i die because i don't know my way, I'd be hopeless without him, I couldn't tell how long but i was freezing and still couldn't start the fire, I grabbed the stupid sticks and had been trying to get the fire to start but it wouldn't start.

"I thought you said you knew how to start a fire" Deans voice almost made me happy to hear another voice, i groaned as he finally made it back.

"I lied, but it's your fault for believing a city girl knew how to do that, what do you expect '' I sigh but all he did was smile at me. He was different when he wasn't around everyone, he seemed actually nice.

"Well i expecting a fire" Dean told me while smiling. making me smile. 

"Was that a smile" i say making him stop smiling as I tried to start the fire.

"Look" he said coming near me he softly placed his hand on mine on the stick. i looked at him, about to pull away before he spoke. 

"You want to go faster, while going downward" he explained and i followed his instructions before i saw smoke coming from the log, before a small flame formed.

"Wooo!" i yelled in joy making him cover my mouth. i forgot we needed to be quiet, i was still getting used to this new world. outside the walls. 

"Sorry" i whisper looking at him and he looked away from me, searching with his eyes to see if anything heard us.

..................................................

The heat from the fire was now big and keeping us warm.

As we ate rabbit which was actually pretty good. but anything was better than what we had in the camp, i felt my heart drop at the thought of the camp. i killed those people. i almost forgot, just for a second. how could i forget. i feel horrible for trying to forget what i did. i felt a tear form before i brushed past my thoughts and looked at Dean. i needed us to have an understanding, so i don't have to fear he might leave me. or kill me. 

"So, tell me a little about yourself" i say turning to him.

"I don't share my personal life with others" he said throwing sticks in the fire, there he was back to his mean old self. i need to do this for Jennie, as much as his harsh words, annoyed me to no end. I hated the feeling of being lower than others, and that's how he makes me feel. 

"Fine I'll tell you a little about me if you really want to know" i sigh. he just starred at the fire, not paying attention to me. before he spoke. 

"I really don't" he said not even looking my way. But i wasn't going to stop, i know he's not so mean as he seems. if we didn't have an understanding then i can't trust him.