chapter 18- Another City

Chapter 18

He took us to his hideout; he had all the guns he could ever need. Canned food, water and he told us he would go out every few days and stock up........he doesn't know how to hunt, or he would. Thers was a scientist that stayed with Kent. Lional

"You guys are the last ones here?" Dean asked Kent making him smile.

"No" Kent shook his head.... he smiled and looked at me, he held out his hand for me to grab it and I placed my hand in his and he led me up a ladder and Dean sighed and followed. We were on top of the roof as we looked to see the streets filled with biters.

"Look" Kent said making me look closely at the roofs.....small fires were lit at 3 different buildings.

A gas station, bowling alley, and a clothes store

"We light the fires at 6 every night.....to show we are all still alive" Kent explained "hold on" Kent said making me look at him confused.

"What's wrong?" i ask Kent making him take binoculars out to look.
"There's something wrong with jimmy" Kent whispered.

"What?" dean asked making me look at him then back at Kent.

"His fire isn't lit, at the pharmacy "Kent stated making me look down.

"I have to make sure he's okay" Kent said walking fast before holding his chest before falling to the ground, i rushed to help him. as worry filled my body. 

"Oh my god Kent, are you okay?' i ask helping him up.

"Get me inside" Kent struggled to say making me help him walk, i looked over at dean that was coming to help. i didn't want him anywhere near me right now. or ever. 

"I got it" i say glaring at him.

"I know " Dean said still helping making me roll my eyes at him. 

.....................................................

We got him back inside and i laid him down and i touched his head he was burning up

"What happened?" Lional asked me, and i struggled to form words. 

"I don't know, he- he fell down and he started touching his chest" i try to explain.

" he's burning up" i say to Lional.

"My heart medicine" Kent said holding his heart as his eyes shifted to the table that had food on it, i went to look and saw a medicine bottle but it was empty.

"There's-" i started but he finished for me. making me look with pity. i needed. to help him.

"i know" Kent sighed.

"You need more" I say "what can we do?' I asked Lional. hoping he could give me all the answers i needed. 

"Nothing, that medicine is the only thing that can help him" Lional explained.

"I meant to go but there's runners everywhere" Kent said to me sweating and holding his chest in pain.

I hated seeing people in pain and not being able to help, i didn't want to just sit around and do nothing.

.....................................

I watched outside as the biters lingered, still smelling us....why didn't they just go away. I watched the stars shine and the moon being the only source of light.

Everyone was sleeping.

My eyes moved to Dean, he was sleeping, I hated how he was still incredibly hot but a liar and an asshole. I just wish i didn't feel like this, i put my trust in someone just to find out they lied. I just don't know how to feel. It seems i do that a lot. i hate him, i need him to find Jennie and that's it. and I'm sure he feels the same.