chapter 19- The Key

Chapter 19

I watched the heard of biters break and start to move elsewhere, dean said we leave first thing in the morning.

I held my leg as it hurt, i lifted up my pant leg and saw a cut. making me shiver as i looked at it. i  wasn't cold, but i was scared. 

"Looks nasty" Lional said scaring me. i sighed when i faced him.

"It's nothing" I said, making him sigh as I looked at him "can you hand me the wrap?' i asked and he handed it to me, i wrapped it and hoped for the best, the shelf must have cut my leg.

"Ellie, right?" Lional said making me nod and smile.

"Nice to meet you" he smiled "what a beautiful name for such a beautiful young woman" he complimented me making me give him a friendly smile.

"From the city?" he asked me, making me answer his question with a nod.

"Boston" I answer as he grabbed two cans of beans and offered me one but i shook my head.

"You should eat" he said.

"I did" i lied making him nod. not pushing. 

"Why so far away from Boston?" he asked me making me look at him.

"Trying to find someone" i say to him.

"You're brave" Lional told me making me smile shaking my head 

"whys that?" i ask looking down at my leg as he spoke

" you risked your life for a man you don't know, that takes balls........" he chuckled making me laugh a bit "but also hope."

"Is Boston down?' he asked making me stop smiling softly.

"Yeah" i say making him nod, looking down.

"Let's just hope, the other cites made it" he sighed making me nod, agreeing as i looked outside, a moment of silence filled the air before he spoke.

"Evelyn, i need you to do something for me" he started, but he said my full name making me look at him weird..

"How did you-" i started but he stopped me..

"We don't have time for that" he started to explain. "i was sent here by Micheal Croll" he said making me look at him, i moved a little away from him. as i looked in fear. 

"Please, just let me explain." he spoke and i nodded letting him talk "about a year ago i was sent here to do some research, experiments with some of the doctors in this city. this was the first city down, word of an outbreak got out and everyone freaked out but Micheal. i knew he was up to something but i couldn't prove it. something is telling me he wanted me away so he could take my research and make something horrible with it" he stopped making me speak. 

"what were you working on?" i asked. 

"Micheal wanted a toxin, that would help him control people, as he watched the cities, people started to ask questions and he didn't want that, he saw he was losing power." he stopped to look down "and I'm the reason those things are out there, i never wanted this to happen, he knew i didn't want to release the toxin, so he sent me away." he spoke quietly, looking to make sure everyone was asleep. "But i made something that will cure it, i just need to get it there" he whispered making me catch on he wanted me to take it to where Micheal was. i was about to speak before Kent woke up a bit.

"its not safe to talk about it right now, I'll explain tomorrow morning" he said leaving making me look at him confused, why wasn't it safe?

............................................................