chapter 27- He Wouldn't Leave Me

Chapter 27

Ellie Pov

We ran. As people ran away past us. Scared out of their minds trying to leave.  Jennie has to be here. i needed to find her even if it was last thing i did. i made a promise. i needed to keep it. we kept running upstairs and down hallways. i was losing hope that we wouldn't be able to find her. i felt so heavy. i grabbed my crossbow and gave it to Ryder. he put it on his back and went to hold me but i put my hand up to stop him. 

"You, okay?" Ryder asked as we stopped, i felt like a weight was on my chest, i was scared. he walked me to an open room, where i could sit. I was about to answer but hope filled my body when i saw a doctor, she might know where Jennie was. i looked at her strange as she wasn't running like the other doctors.

i held my gun up at her. 

"Where's Jennie?" i ask. i got straight to the point, she stopped, letting me know she knew who exactly i was talking about.  

"You shouldn't be in here; this is off limits" she said making me inch closer to her with my gun aimed at her. 

"Where is Jennie?" i ask again, from the face she made earlier, i know she knows who I'm talking about. she went silent for a moment. before she spoke.

"I'm sorry but......she's not here" the woman said making my heart drop when she said that. i didn't know what to do. what to say. what to think. everything i did. was for nothing. i put my gun down.  

"Please.......where can i find her?" i pleaded, my voice came out soft. 

"Ellie, come on......she doesn't know" Ryder said softly, the womans head lifted up at the sound of my name. 

"Wait your Ellie? Evelyn? " The woman spoke making me and Ryder look at her. "Lional told me you would come" she gave me a smile.

"You know Lional?" i ask making her nod. she knew what i needed to do, but first i needed to find Jennie.

"I'm Maggie, I'm here to help you" Maggie gave me a friendly smile. "When he told me you were coming, i was so happy. but i was starting to lose hope but here you are" she let a small laugh leave her lips. 

"So, you know about-" she didn't let me finish.

"yes, i know. i helped him make it. A few people did. that didn't believe in what Micheal had been doing" she answered making me nod. so, Lional didn't do this alone. 

"I need to find Jennie first" i state, i needed to make sure she knew, i wasn't leaving till i knew Jennie and Dean were safe. 

"i know.....follow me" she said making me give her a confused look. i looked over at Ryder and he shared the same. look.

We followed her into the elevator as we went up to the top floor, we sped through all the hallways. Till she stopped at a door and placed her badge in. i listened as it buzzed, nerves filled my body as the door opened. i stepped forward opening the door fully. 

We walked in, my heart stopped when i saw Jennie, she was holding her head, curled up and scared.

"Jennie," I say, making her look up...she ran into my arms as i held her tightly, i noticed bruises and needle holes in her arms and legs, they must have run tests on her, i felt angry. Who could do this to a child?

"Michael Corll, where is he" i asked. my mind now filled with angry, he did this to Jennie. his own daughter. 

"The control room" Maggie answered making me look at Ryder, he gave me a look, like he knew what i was about to do. i looked down at Jennie for a moment then at Ryder. i still needed to find Dean. but i can't take Jennie with me.