chapter 15- Visting Home

"I never said they did" was all he said making me look at him, with confusion

......................................

Chapter 15

"Well, we aren't going to get there walking this slow" i say walking a little faster Infront of him. i didn't want to talk about the city, it brought back to many memories i didn't want to think about. i just want Jennie back. then i won't have to deal with Dean anymore. 

"Its called being aware of your surroundings....... something you clearly know nothing about" he stated to me making me roll my eyes

"Aware of what, there is nothing around" i laugh a bit before i felt something brush my foot as i looked in shock, as my whole body froze. 

"Evelyn! Stop! Do-" he was cut off when i stepped on tripwire making a bomb go off blowing me away as i hit the ground and so did Dean....... making me struggle to get up as my ears were ringing. I crawled on my stomach to look over at Dean as he was getting up.

"Dean" I said softly as it was hard to do anything .... blood was now coming from my ears and nose. I saw dean come over to me. i tried to say something but i was to weak. i couldn't hear a word as his mouth started to move. 

"Get up...come on" his voice muffled and i struggled to keep my eyes open.

"No no you don't....... stay with me" he said but i couldn't stay awake "damnit" was the last thing i heard before darkness took over me.

...............................................

I woke up scared as I was on a ruffled bed in a tent....i hated tents. I always find myself in one

I was hoping it was all a dream, but I soon realized it couldn't be...i unhooked myself from the iv and got up as I struggled a bit. As I walked out, I saw small wooden houses and stores, the worst conditions including some tents. This must be called a town he was talking about, there was people, but they weren't like the refugee camp, they seemed like this was normal life outside the walls i looked in shock as i knife was thrown by my head and hit the wall next to me.

"What the hell!" i yell. looking in shock. 

"You look like shit" a girl said maybe fifteen or sixteen.

"How long was out?" i ask "where am i?" i ask scared.

"Two days" she sighed.

"What?" i sigh holding my head. two days, that can't be. i need to find Jennie and i was wasting time. 

"What idiot walks into a tripwire trap" she laughed making me look at her "you look the type......" she said walking near me "must be from the city huh?" she asked me.

"Okay not everyone from the city are idiots.... or horrible people" i say. looked at her as she inched closer.

"Horrible enough to let the people that grow their food and build their shit live like this" she laughed making look around.

"You do all that?" i ask having no idea people even lived outside the city let alone build everything we have and grow our food "they don't tell the people that" i say. "look i understand-" i tried to calm her but she stoped me 

"you understand nothing, city people have it good. and now look at you, here with the rest of the people." she stated making me feel sorry for all these people living outside the wall, i wish i knew, but even if i did, what could i even do. my thoughts were cut off when she spoke. 

"You're lucky that knife was thrown by me and not them" she said making me look at the people that were giving me dirty looks. If looks could kill i would be dead.