Chapter 4

ONE WEEK LATER

(Y/n) finally made it home. Or at least what she had considered one of her homes.

~FLASHBACK~

After realizing the cargo plane she managed to stow away on was not going in the direction she needed to go, she landed in the Middle East somewhere. Had a brief run in with a nest of vampires while she was trying to get everything in order to get back to the states. Not one of her finer moments, but (y/n) made it through relatively unscathed.
While running from the security guards who noticed her sneaking off the cargo plane, she hid in a building that looked long since abandoned. Once inside and safely away from the guards, her internal alarms and red flags started going off. It turns out this particular building had a huge nest full of vampires. That just happened to be run by the alpha vampire himself...
'Crap... what did I get myself into!'
Until she realized she was slightly faster... soon enough she caught him off guard and had him at her mercy. She had a vice-like force field holding him in place so he couldn't get away. She was about to kill him once and for all when she remembered Heather... she's dead... Helen said her blood had been drained. And bite marks everywhere...
"I'll make you a deal. I'll let you live, you stay over here in the Middle East forever, I don't come back...for a favor..." (y/n) spoke slowly and as calmly as possible.
"What could you POSSIBLY want!" He said angrily.
"A nest of vampires off in the states. They killed my sister. I know you don't mind me killing a few of your children now and then because there are always more. I won't kill you, but you cut them off with all communication to any other nests in the area so I can wipe them out. Then we can all pretend they never existed, and move on with our lives Hating each other as usual. What do you think?"
"Why would you think I can control them and who they communicate with?"
"Because I've studied you for years. You specifically. I've done my research, just like you have on me. I know you have. You know exactly how fast I could kill everyone in this building. It's the only reason you're stalling. So they can escape since you can't protect them from me right now. I know you can communicate with all of them no matter where they are in the world and you can bend them to your will. I'm fully assuming you want to live and keep on living, or I guess you're technically dead, but either way. This keeps you alive, and protects my people who shouldn't have anything to do with this life. As well as getting my revenge for my sister. You live. I get one pass to wipe that whole nest free and clear."
"If that's all it's going to take for you to leave here and never come back, then fine. You get this one nest. But I'm not going to stop them from trying to fight you. I will cut all communication and that's it. Otherwise they get to at least defend themselves."
(Y/n) got a crazy smirk on her face. "Sounds like we have ourselves a deal. I would offer to shake on it but I think we understand each other."

"Great. Now can you please leave and we will steer clear of you all the way to the airport."
"Yep that sounds just fine to me. I hope I never have to see you again."
"The feeling is mutual, you crazy woman!"
(Y/n) laughed all the way out of the building and made her way back down the street. Now to get home...
~FLASHBACK DONE~

(Y/n) walked down the streets of what she had considered a part time home for the last few years. She got to the front door of their local bar and peeked through the window. Her friend JJ was on the mic singing karaoke with another friend, cole.  She laughed watching them from outside because they get so dramatic about their karaoke. She decided to surprise them.
She popped her bag into the building to it's usual spot behind the bar for safe keeping. Then she ran behind the building to go in through the back door. Sneaking up on stage behind both of them. Right when they were about to sing the next line, (y/n) put an arm around each of their shoulders and belted the lyrics out to the mic. They both jumped so high and screamed out right away before turning around. (Y/n) started laughing, almost doubled over, she found it so funny.

As soon as they realized who was behind them, the screams turned from scared to excitement and immediately (y/n) was underneath JJ and cole on the stage. Receiving the first of what was undoubtedly many hugs from everyone in town. 8 months is a long time to be away from the people you chose for your family.
They hugged and laughed and screamed for a good minute before finally getting up so everyone else could see who showed up. More screaming ensued, and the hugs didn't stop for a while. She just couldn't get enough from everyone. The laughter was music to her ears. She never wanted it to end.
Everyone finally sat down at the bar and a few tables nearby and just enjoyed each others company for a bit while (y/n) pulled a few things out of her bag. She brought a few things back for everyone that she had been saving for a while now since she technically wasn't supposed to be gone this long. Everyone loved what she had given them, but they were more happy just to see her. And she was good with that.
"Well, I definitely missed Rhode Island!" She said with a laugh.
"And Rhode Island has definitely missed you!" JJ commented proudly.
Everyone was quiet after that...
"(Y/n)? Do you have a plan??" Her friend Lorraine asked shyly from the bar.
(Y/n) sat for a minute and thought about what she had been going over in her head for the last few days..
"Yeah. I have a plan... I need a little help to get it started though. Are you guys up for one last performance?"
The girls got some wild smirks on their faces and immediately said yes.
"Ok then, ladies let's go to work. We've got a hole to fill with some bloodsuckers."

Underneath the floor of the bar, (y/n) created a hole 50 feet wide on all sides. 30 feet deep. She had taken a few necessary precautions when she came up with this place for her family and friends to reside.
Just a small little paper town in Rhode Island where (y/n) set up shop for herself as a catch all when she needed a bit of downtime. A little while after, her friends ended up moving there too for their own peace of mind. It's been that way ever since.