Chapter 6

(Y/n) pulled up to a 2 story Victorian. She could feel the darkness. The bloodlust. And the little bitch in the seat next to her was starting to come around. She looked panic stricken and started to try getting out of the bindings. She soon realized she wasn't going anywhere.
(Y/n) got out of the pickup and locked the door, Before allowing herself to radiate the anger that's been building inside her since Helen's call. Gripping the handles of her katanas with a feather light touch, she kicked in the door, sensing more than a dozen black auras floating around her. She could hear them moving toward her in quick succession. They didn't realize what had just walked into their life. But they were about to find out. One after another, they all fell to her blades. She was fast. Quick enough they never got the chance to take a swing or make a scratch. It was over for them before it started. Head to toe, (y/n) was covered in blood. It was like a scene from Carrie. 19 more had been slaughtered. Even the one caught cowering in a closet.
Every door and every window, any tiny hole in the wall that someone could escape had a magical seal placed on it as she pulled up, ensuring no escapes. On her last sweep of the house, the mouthy one finally made her way into the house to try help her comrades. Upon entry, she lost her breath as she saw the bloodbath. Just as she was about to scream, (y/n) chopped off her feet, literally cutting them out from under her.
"You took my sister from me. Now everything of yours is gone. Including you." She said without an ounce of remorse.
And with that, (y/n) effectively cut her head off and walked out the door, leaving that place to rot and spoil with the earth.
Once outside the house, (y/n) hit her knees with tears in her eyes. She placed her hands in the grass and screamed like her life depended on it. The tears couldn't be stopped. She cried and screamed at the sky. There was no bringing Heather back. She's gone. But now, so were her killers.
Eventually she stood to her feet and got in the truck. Driving back to the bar took almost twice as long as it should have. She couldn't bring herself to go faster than 30 miles per hour all the way there. She even got passed by a semi on the highway. She felt like she was in a daze. Once in the parking lot, she slowly slid from the drivers seat and made her way inside fully knowing how she looked.
"(Y/n)...are you alright? What hap."
(Y/n) cut her off with a wave of her hand and walked behind the bar. Grabbing her spare bottle of jack daniels, she looked at all the patrons and stated she was fine.
No one was the least bit phased by her being covered in blood. They're pretty used to it by now.
"The rest of the nest is dead. So that's 15 here, and 19 at their hideout.... There's nothing to worry about anymore.. I'm going to go back to my place and take a shower.. if y'all need me, you know where to find me..."
Taking a drink out of the freshly opened bottle, more tears came running down her face. (Y/n) turned toward the door and walked out into the warm summer night. Leaving the truck in the parking lot, she opted to walk back to the place she once called her safe space. 6 blocks later, she met the giant open parking lot to the Nightbird Motel.
There were 50 rooms. (Y/n) occupied 3 of them, but only used the middle one so no one would be near her on either side. More for their safety than hers. She just stood at the edge of the lot staring at the building for a while before she realized the liquor bottle was empty. She could see Helen at the front desk reading a book. The phone rang. She chatted for a minute before hanging up and going back to her book. As she got closer to the door Helen looked up and noticed her. She stood up and walked out the front door right up to the young woman she considered to be a daughter, not by blood, but by heart. She looked straight into (y/n)'s face and got tears. Pulling her into the fiercest hug of all time, they both began to cry and hold on tighter to each other.
They both let go after a while and went into the front office where Helen kept all her things safe when she was out of town.
"It's all freshly washed and your bedding is already put on the bed so you can just crawl in and sleep when you get done cleaning up." Helen said with a smile and a small laugh. That's when (y/n) realized she was still covered head to toe in blood from her earlier exploits.
"Oh crap, Helen I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to get blood on you! Did I get it anywhere else?" As she did a quick turn around the office to make sure it wasn't on the walls or front desk.
"No honey you're just fine, let's get you settled in and we can talk tomorrow, ok? Go take a shower, then soak in the tub for a while before you get into bed alright? You look like death warmed over and that's not you. You can tell me all about your vacation tomorrow." Helen immediately went into mother mode and made sure she was comfortable.
"Sounds good, mom. Thank you, I'll see you in the morning." (Y/n) said as she walked out the door and down to her room at the other end of the building. Carrying her stuff in one hand, a fresh bottle in the other, she pushed open her door to the familiar scent of lilac and vanilla in her room. Setting everything down on the table, she went into the bathroom with the bottle of jack and turned on the shower. She kicked off her shoes and tossed them into a bag, sat down on the floor of the shower and just cried as she took another big drink from the bottle. She didn't have any more energy to even take her clothes off tonight and clean herself up.
'Maybe I could just sleep in the shower.' She thought to herself as thoughts of Heather came back to her mind. Another drink. Soon it was half gone and (y/n) was sitting on the floor with her head against the wall with water turning red as it washed over her and down the drain.