Chapter 18

Dean sat at the table flipping through John's journal while Sam made phone calls.
"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked when Sam hung up the phone.
"Nope. Neither has Jefferson, or pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads in there?" Sam said.
"Nah. Same last time I looked. Nothin I can make out. I love the guy but I swear he writes like friggin Yoda."
"You know maybe we should call the feds, file a missing persons."
"We talked about this. Dad would be pissed if we put the feds on his tail."
"I don't care anymore. After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean, he should've been there Dean. You said so yourself, you tried to call him and nothing." Sam rambled on.
Deans phone began to ring.
"I know.. where the hell is my cell phone?"
"Ya know, he could be dead for all we know." Sam said.
"Don't say that! He's.. hes..." dean found his phone.
"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"
"Are you two seriously arguing already? I might as well leave you here and drive in silence." (Y/n) sighed as she walked in the door of the motel.
"What are you gonna do? Steal a car? You're not takin baby." Dean chimed in from his phone.
"I would absolutely take baby. She deserves to have a quiet ride too." She said
"And that's why I keep the keys in my pockets and away from you." Dean said.
"Sure about that?"
Dean looked at her then dug in his pockets. He tried to go after her when she held up the keys but Sam stopped him.
"Who's on the phone, dean?" Sam asked.
Dean shot (y/n) a small glare and looked back to his phone.
With a small smirk, "I don't believe it."
"What is it?" Sam asked quickly.
"It's a text message. Huh. It's coordinates."
Dean grabbed the laptop and looked up the coordinates while Sam questioned him. (Y/n) breathed out a deep sigh and laid down on the couch to relax her nerves. She knew it was John sending them on a wild goose chase again. She just can't figure out why he won't talk to them. His boys are already on a mission to find him, and he won't even say hello to them. He infuriates her so much!!!
"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean!" Sam said.
(Y/n) snorted and giggled at that comment while Dean gave the two of them dirty looks.
"Sam, this is good news. It means he's ok! Or alive." Dean said.
"Well was there a number on the caller id?"
(Y/n) ignored the two for a while, and tuned out the rest of the world while she tried to nap. It didn't work, but she tried.
"(Y/n) does this strike you as weird? Back me up here." Sam said, hoping for some help.
(Y/n) rolled up into a sitting position and looked at Sam.
"Sorry Sammy, I've gone by that asylum before and it gives off some crazy vibes to me. As much as I hate to agree with Dean on this one, we should probably check it out. Even if John isn't there. I know you wanna find him, but it looks like he doesn't want to be found yet. So in the meantime, let's just keep doing what we do best."
She looked at him and hoped he would just agree and move on.
"Sam! Dad told us to go somewhere, we're going!" Dean said loudly and walked away.
"Sam, just come sit down for a minute. Let's talk." She said.
"He's not there, is he (y/n)?" He asked as he sat down.
"Sorry honey, we both know he's not. This is all Dean has though. I can see him trying to keep from breaking down. We just gotta keep his spirits up a little so he doesn't crash and burn."
"But why does he do that drill Sargent thing when he's upset?"
"Many, many messed up reasons! Let's just get our stuff packed. I'll take care of deans stuff." (Y/n) chuckled at him and clapped her hands. Hers and deans stuff began to pack itself neatly into their bags.
Sam watched in fascination as things floated around. He smirked, remembering how (y/n) used to pack all their stuff when they were kids.
"Could I ask you to pack mine?" Sam looked at her pleadingly. She laughed and snapped her fingers. His stuff began to fold itself and pack away in his bag. Sam smiled again.
"Alright, let's get this show on the road!!" Dean said as he walked back inside and straight into one of his dirty tshirts being packed into a laundry bag. It hit him right in the face.
Sam and (y/n) laughed and pointed as Dean looked around the room. He threw the shirt at the bag.
"Well I'm glad you're feeling a little better, (y/n)."
"Me too. Let's go, I'll drive!!" She disappeared to the front seat of the car and started it up. Dean was out 2 seconds later yanking open the driver door. He grabbed her arm and smoothly maneuvered himself into the driver seat while tossing her out onto the pavement.
(Y/n) looked dumbfounded as she barely registered what just happened. Turning around with the shocked look on her face, Dean closed the door and laughed.
"Wait... how... where did that come from?!!!!" She was flustered and didn't know how that just happened. Sam walked out of the room and laughed. He must have known dean could do that.
"I'll... I'll get our stuff... holy shit..." she said as she walked back to the room, eyeing dean and the smug look he had. Alright, she was gonna have to up her game. He's got some new moves.
She grabbed hers and Deans bags, as Sam already took his with him.