The bear didn't do this

There was a park ranger and a vet working on a bear and what killed him. We already know what killed him said the park ranger. Whose the vet here you or me? The vet asked the park ranger. You are. And whose the park ranger? You are. They said to each other. That's why I already know what killed him. Said the park ranger. He thought that what killed him was a camper that shot him with whatever specific gun they killed him with. I get it you're afraid I'm not showing enough respect to the bear spirit. Said the vet back to the park ranger. Because I have better things to do than wait around for you to tell me what I already know the ranger said. The law says I have to send in as much info I can. The vet reminds the park ranger. As they start pulling out pieces of hot dog fried beans beef jerky this was the things he had eaten before going into hibernation. But then the vet stops when they begin pulling out bones of a human hand.

Flash to the museum lab. My brother was filling Dr. Brennen in on the new case. We followed Brennen into the office. She said it looked like a human hand to her. Seeley tells her that it was in Eastern Washington state. She asks where it was found. In a bear I said excitedly. That's not what I meant she starts but pauses. Wait in a bear? She questions. Seeley told her that they found more bones in the bear's stomach and intestines. She wondered why they needed her if the body was found inside of a bear. He said there were 26 bone fragments in general that it got bumped all the way to him and for her to take a look at it as he handed her a USB drive stick. Why did they bump it to you? She asked him. He then asked her if she really wanted to know any inner workings of the FBI office. I do. I raised my hand like I was in class. But she knew that they probably bumped it to him because of her. No actually they want you to ID the body. He tells her as she takes the files and turns on the computer to the picture of the hand bones.

Just with a hand? She asks him. Yeah they have high expectations. He tells her. From the pic alone she manages to figure out that it's male and human from the size alone uh oh she pauses when we take a closer look she says that there are marks made from a cutting tool on it. At first we thought maybe from when they cut into the bear but she said no because it's not a straight edge and then said something science-y and then Seeley asked her to explain. She said that the marks were made from a saw the hand was cut off from the rest of the body when the bear ate it so the person was dismembered and then fed to the bear. Well that's one possibility anyways he told her thanks but that she wasn't done yet she said she would take a look at the x-rays and whatever else and see if she could figure out the age she said sex but I thought she already made it clear based on the hand that she said it was male. Pack your bags he said back to us because we were going to Washington state. But there was one slight problem with that and that was Brennen she said she wasn't going.

But for some reason that meant nothing to my brother. Although it seemed pretty obvious to me. And so she went to go talk to her boss about it. She asked why my brother was the one that got to decide that we go to Washington State. That he gets a gun and authority and everyone likes him. Her boss said that he didn't get to decide he made a request and that her boss decided. And sec? He told her it was time to live a little and connect to people. She thought he was suggesting that she have sex with Seeley and her boss wanted to know where a Dr. Floyd was when they needed him. And of course she had no idea what he was saying. He told her this was exactly why he was sending her with him out there that there were remains for her out there and pack bug spray. I came home to pack because that's what Seeley told us to do but I wasn't sure what to do about Layla I couldn't let her come with us could I? I didn't just want her staying with the people who work with us. I could bring her to Lauren have her stay there with her. I would have to call Jason and see what I should do. Which is what I did.

I went to my room while Layla was in school and called him. It rang literally once like as if he was a teenage girl waiting by the phone for me to call. Jason I have a problem. I started. Wait sorry hi how are you that was rude I'm sorry. No problem it's ok and I'm going well. What's the problem we have a new case it's out in Washington State and I don't think I should take Layla with me. I want her to be safe. Yeah you're right good call. I don't want her to say at the house by herself with just people that work for us. I could send her to Lauren's or have Lauren hang out here? Should I do that? As a manager I say of course don't go anywhere without like bodyguards even though you're not in your Red Snow form. I don't understand people like that. No one knows who you are as yourself. We make sure of that. You could let your friend babysit her if that's what you want. Or you can open the door. Open the door what door? The house door. Jason this isn't funny. I walk out of my room and stop packing I've finished packing because I didn't start calling him till I was almost finished. I go downstairs to the main floor entrance door. I open it and there he was standing on the other end. He pushes the end button on his phone then closes my mouth with the tip of his finger a sly Spike esc smirk on his face. I am like a fish out of water. Close your mouth love you'll catch flies. He leans against the doorway entrance post arm out by his head.