Chapter 1:

Hi. I'm Carter. I live in New Jersey, the Garden States. It's foggy in the morning and star-filled at night. I live in a little town, well known to many.

Englishtown. Home of the ICON Dance Complex.

I joined the class when I was four. I've stuck to Hip Hop ever since. It's amazing.

There, I met a boy. Annoying, irritating, brotherly, Mikey. He's been my best friend ever since. He pulls my hair, gives me advice, gets me annoyed, raps in my ear, steps on me, and shares his ice cream with me.

Mikey, two years ago, joined a contest with his friends. The ICONic Boyz. And that...is where it all starts to change.

My best friend wasn't just famous. He wasn't just Spikey Mikey. He was a comforting figure that I terribly miss.

Little did he know that someone really loved him since the beginning. Through the fights, heartaches, bruises, laughs, epic fails, clumsy moments, and so much more. She knew him better than she knew herself. But she said nothing. Scared to get hurt. Scared to fall too hard.

But it was too late. She fell. Hard.

He never knew.

"Hey, Carter! Wanna watch "The Advengers" with me and the boys? I know how much you love Captain America..."

"Be right there, Mike."

"Ok, Ike!"

Right there, he snapped me out of my thoughts.

I walked downstairs. I grabbed a pillow and fluffy blanket from the closet. I walked into the living room unable to see because of all the things I was holding.

BOOM!

"Ouch!" I ran into someone.

"Where did you come from!?!?" Mikey laughed while getting up from the floor.

"My mom!"

"Noooo really?"

"Actually what happ-" Mikey but his hand over my mouth.

"I don't need 'The Talk' again, mom." Mikey said while chuckling.

So, in one breath, I said, "-...what happend was that I was walking with the pillow and blanket and couldn't see you you dirty little boy!"

"Well then. Ask for help next time, Ike!"

"Carter." I corrected him.

"Ike."

"Ok, Mike."

"Mikey."

"Mike."

"-ey."

"No."

"Yeeeeeees."

"Ratchet much?"

Mikey laughed once more. I didn't mind.

We walked into the living room. Him with the pillow, me with the blanket. I was going to greet the other boys when I saw a girl I haven't seen in a while. One I was hoping I'd never see again...

His EX.

"Hey, Carter! Haven't seen you in a while."

"Hi, Montana."